Morning all.

Looking for some assistance. Twice this week my phone has; on running below 20% Battery; immediately went to 0% and then shut down. On seeing this (Gear s2 Vibrates to notify me) I have plugged it in. The major issue here is that when I plug it in to charge it isn't. Neither does it power on.

The first time earlier this week I worked through the Google advice to no avail, however I left it in the charger for 2 hours and miraculously the LED flashed red as if it was far too low on power when I returned. I then was able to reboot and it was charging again. It survived 2 days then done the same shut down thing.

I therefore tried the long charge again. This time nothing. It appears to be completely dead.

Are there any suggestions or experiences for fixes? I tried a good search but couldn't find anything.

It's a bug bear as I've just recently moved to Canada from UK and my Phone is covered under warranty there by the carrier until my contract ends.

Cheers.
    10-30-2016 01:49 PM
    Sounds like your battery is going bad if it immediately dies after getting to 20% (not that I recommend letting the battery get that low on a regular basis).

Have you tried holding the Power button for 15 seconds or so?

Have you tried a different charger/cable?
    10-30-2016 03:43 PM
    1. NEVER allow the battery to get that low - charge it when it's between 50% and 40%.

2. It sounds like a dendrite in the battery. It gets to the point at which the dendrite forms (it's a chemical thing with lithium batteries that no one's figured a way around yet), then it should burn the dendrite out (because it's a short across the battery) and go back to the charge it had before, or just under it. It seems that your battery formed a dendrite that won't burn off. Precharging it may fix that - but the battery has to be replaced anyway, because it's just going to keep getting worse. (And phones don't precharge - you need an external charger for that.)

The problem is so bad that most manufacturers don't even cover it when the phone is new. (But the alternative - a lead-acid battery - would make the phone much too heavy to lug around.)
    10-30-2016 04:13 PM