bluetooth/ equalizer issue with Google play music

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So I have Sony MDR 100 ABN and I connect Bluetooth to my N6P. When I turn the equalizer on the volume gets softer. It is equalized with a little more bass, etc. The overall volume though is a lot softer. But when I turn off the equalizer on Google play music it's louder, just not equalized. Anybody else run into this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that before. I wonder if the EQ function works by cranking down the overall volume, and then allowing you to boost various frequencies back up. If you crank all frequency bands up while EQ is on, does that sound the same as no EQ?

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to try that but I know it's suppose to boost some aspects of the sound but I don't hear that much of a difference. I'm thinking the headphone has its own dac and it's colliding with the phones. I'm just taking a big guess.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If present, it should be in the Play Music app's settings. But I believe it depends on if the device itself has an equalizer function in its firmware -- not all of them do.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, it's a setting that's not enabled by default...

And it appears to be totally useless since it doesn't appear in the song interface (where you might want to use it depending on the music being played) - you have to go back to the Settings menu to change it.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's true. I never thought of it that way, since I like to have my EQ set the same way for all of my music.