Nexus 6P with 7.0 randomly turns on Do not disturb?

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
This happens almost everyday and sometimes a couple of times a day. It also randomly picks alarms only and priority only when it does it. Just on its own it makes those choices. I do use DND automatically at night to keep it quiet between set times. My setting is not what happens at all during the day.

I do have a ZenWatch 2 connected, my car, Chromebook and a Bluetooth speaker at times during the day. I have no apps that are for privacy, alarms or anything time or schedule related other than the time and calendar function of the phone.

Please let me know if you know of a fix. I will say, the problems I have had over the years have usually not been cleared up by wiping the phone and starting over. I now avoid that at all costs since it is usually a waste of my time. I am hoping for an actual solution.

Thank you everyone.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that the Do Not Disturb icon appears when I take or make a phone call, but that seems to be the only time it turns itself on for me. Is there a chance that yours is turned on by a call but then isn't being turned off automatically after the call is over?

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Bdiddy--I have not tried the Cache patition, just the memory Cache. I didnt know that existed. I will try.

dty06--I have not noticed. I will try to keep an eye on that.

Thank you.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping for an actual solution.
Rather difficult to provide an actual solution unless someone has experienced the problem and found a solution - all we can do is take (educated?) guesses at what might be causing your problem.

I'd suggest booting into Safe mode to eliminate 3rd party apps from the equation.

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have already cleared the cache partition listed above. Did it again with an hour or so. There were also no phone calls involved, so that is out.

GSDer, I will look into the safe mode and see what happens.

Thanks.

NeilMex

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any rules set for automatically going into do not disturb mode? Go to settings, sound, do not disturb, automatic rules and see if there anything set.

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
NellMex--Yes, I have DND set for 10:30pm to 7:00am. Only thing allowed is alarm and phone calls. It is also set to turn off DND earlier if the alarm goes off before 7:00am since I will be up anyway. Thank you.

Petersson

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I have a Nexus 6P with 7.1.1 Beta Build NPF10C with a ZenWatch 2 connected, even more problems...

I think it has something do with the ZenWatch Manager, maybe its not compatible with the 7.0 "Auto DND Feature". After i close an App that uses the DND Feature like Google Cardboard or the new Android Auto App i cant deactivate the DND mode. It switches automatically on and off. The Phone gets laggy as hell and only a reboot fixes it.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I am also experiencing the same issue. I actually searched on Google and this thread appeared. In my notification panel it will show Do Not Disturb activated and say "Zenwatch Manager" underneath. I looked through my Zenwatch Manager app settings and found nothing related to DND.

I am tired of getting complaints from people telling me I never answer their calls, when I find out that DND has been activated unbeknownst to me.

Has anyone contacted Asus on this?

cbn4forums

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
This is happening to me and my wife, we are both running 7.1.1 on Nexus 6P. At first I noticed on her phone and honestly thought she was accidentally turning it on. Once it happened to me a couple times, I then realized this was not user error. It happened to me twice today, then decided to search and see if anyone else is having the issue. We both have Moto 360, 1st gen smartwatches for those who think that the ZenWatch is the culprit. It is very annoying when you miss an important call/text.

SchwannyT

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same setup Nexus 6P, Moto 360 first gen. However I have the opposite problem in that none of the DND's seem to be turning on at the correct time. If I manually turn them on at night, it will turn off at some random time.

Last night I did a factory reset on my Moto 360, I haven't reconnected it yet. I've uninstalled Android Wear on the phone and I'm going to remove and re-add all my DND settings. Hopefully one of those things will fix it because its driving me crazy.

bjh03b

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue, Nexus 6p with 1st Gen Moto360, with DND's randomly turning on listing Android wear below. I've also noticed DND staying on after ending phone calls.

I have the same setup Nexus 6P, Moto 360 first gen. However I have the opposite problem in that none of the DND's seem to be turning on at the correct time. If I manually turn them on at night, it will turn off at some random time.

Last night I did a factory reset on my Moto 360, I haven't reconnected it yet. I've uninstalled Android Wear on the phone and I'm going to remove and re-add all my DND settings. Hopefully one of those things will fix it because its driving me crazy.

vtpmt81

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with my OG LG G Watch connected to my Nexus 6p. This never happened with my Moto X 2013 or Moto X 2014. It is really annoying.

markcina

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Pixel XL on 7.1 with Asus Zenwatch2. Same issue.. uninstalled ZenWatch manager and issue still persists. It has to be an issue with Android 7 or above and Android wear.

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Now that my Nexus 6P has updated to 7.1.1, it goes into DND multiple times a day now instead of once every day or two. This is terrible. I can not depend on this phone to ring or alert me about anything. I have to look at the phone constantly. Anyone find a solution yet? Asus Zen2 has also upgraded since I origionally started this thread, so I am at a loss.

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I disabled gestures on my watch and my phone is still changing to DND. I just rebooted because it was going back and forth as I was looking at it. 2-3 times a second, it was very frustrating to watch. So still looking for a solution.

Tim Drake1

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I am having this problem as well. Pixel with a ZenWatch 2.
I disabled gestures on my watch and my phone is still changing to DND. I just rebooted because it was going back and forth as I was looking at it. 2-3 times a second, it was very frustrating to watch. So still looking for a solution.

rosleo45

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Nexus 6p with 7.1.1 on it. Did not have this issue DND randomly turning on prior to receiving and connecting a new Huawei smartwatch with Android wear 2.0. wife got a watch too and has a Samsung note 6 with Android 6 and has the same issue. If anyone has a fix. Greatly appreciated!!!