Anyone seen the review of the Pixel XL then compared it to the 6p?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Again, I agree 100%. I was thinking about upgrading to the Pixel XL until I went to the Verizon store with my 6p in tow and played with both phones for 30 minutes side-by-side. It immediately became apparent to me that I would be better off waiting until the autumn of 2017 to upgrade my phone, for all the reasons that you've stated.

I then gave away my Nexus 9 and purchased a Pixel C.
How's the Pixel C? Isn't it 5.1? Now that Pixel I do have interest in. Do you mind throwing up some quick specs on it and your thoughts?

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, mobile devices are hitting that wall of diminishing returns. Every phone manufacturer is expected to put out a new model on a regular basis but there isn't as much meat on the hardware advancement bone anymore. The Pixel is a better phone than the 6P, but it's not this massive upgrade... its a little bit faster, gets a little bit better battery life, the camera is a little bit better. Yes, the Pixel is a great phone, but its presence doesn't make the 6P any less great.

In terms of 'value' I think the Pixel's problem is timing. It has the misfortune of following one of the best phones ever made, and one that happens to have been a pretty good value compared to its competition. The 6P was a tough act to follow.

So I'm keeping my 64GB graphite 6P, and I am becoming more comfortable with that decision, even as my other cohorts here in the AC volunteer staff regale me with tales of their great Pixels... and I'll wait for the Pixel 2 to replace it next Fall.
This is where I ended up as well.

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
How's the Pixel C? Isn't it 5.1? Now that Pixel I do have interest in. Do you mind throwing up some quick specs on it and your thoughts?

The Pixel C updates to 7.0 from 6.0.1 right out of the box (I'm on the beta, so I'm running 7.1.1). It is fantastic in every way. I do not have even one issue with this device. The screen, the speed, everything is nice. To me, it's like having the 6p in a 10 inch form (minus the fingerprint scanner).

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know the rundown on the smaller Pixel. I'm thinking of getting rid of my 5 inch Sony Xperia X for the smaller Pixel. Flagship specs?

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know the rundown on the smaller Pixel. I'm thinking of getting rid of my 5 inch Sony Xperia X for the smaller Pixel. Flagship specs?

The battery is smaller (2770 mAh vs 3450 mAh), and the screen specs are slightly less (1920x1980 vs. 2560x1440). Other than that, I believe they're the same.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Check this out I just came across this and ironically is exactly what I was saying in my post I created. I had not seen this until just now. Here is another form of support to my initial thoughts after i only viewed a Pixel XL piece on youtube. This is a direct comparison that even mentions the $300 lol. Crazy ironic to me!!

https://youtu.be/uzqB5sIUphY

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Check this out I just came across this and ironically is exactly what I was saying in my post I created. I had not seen this until just now. Here is another form of support to my initial thoughts after i only viewed a Pixel XL piece on youtube. This is a direct comparison that even mentions the $300 lol. Crazy ironic to me!!

https://youtu.be/uzqB5sIUphY

Loved the video. That was the exact conclusion I came to after playing with both phones. Barring an accident, I will be holding on to my 6p for another year.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Just got my pixel xl. I loved my 6p...this blows it away. Better size (I can reach my thumb across the screen with one hand, but still comfortable two handed). Super fast (basically same as 6p...). Amazing battery life. Awesome and fast camera.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
5.0 is really a perfect size for having a one hander. This would be a device id have much interest in. I got my Sony Xperia X for $199 when Sony still had it at $549 but since then it's dropped in price down to I believe 450 or 400. I'm not sure if it's worth me letting go of my Sony so soon considering the deal I got but I'm definitely going to check the 5.0 inch pixel out.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
You can purchase them straight from Google unlocked.
Can you? I couldn't find them. Are they on Amazon yet? I have a Amazon store card I'd like to fund mine with. If they arent yet on Amazon does anyone know or heard when Google will have them available from third party merchants?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Wow I just found the 5 inch pixel. I didn't realize it was 785 for the 32g. I'm definitely not taking that route. I'd like to have it but not at that inflated price and yes my internet is working great. Thanks.

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I had the 6p and it was a great phone. I think the Pixel XL (got it a week ago) is better. Better camera, faster, display is more true to life in colors, it will get better support and the build quality is great. I don't like the huge bezels either, but I came from iPhone to Android a year ago, so it's sort of what I know. The price is hefty, but I think it takes on Samsung, LG and iPhone credibly and the 6p didn't. Just my opinion. I will say that I almost went back to the 6p (I had one last year at launch for a few months) before launch of Pixel and I would have if I hadn't switched from AT&T to Verizon and got swayed by the hype from the V20. If you have the 6p, it's not enough to justify the switch. Next year may be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm