It's the 21st century, and many companies are looking for consumer loyalty, and pretty much every organization offers them or has gift cards. I recently upgraded my phone to the Google Nexus 6P. With the various loyalty, debit & credit cards, my wallet was jam packed, so I was looking for an app that worked with my phone. I logged into the Google App store hoping to relieve some stress on my wallet. I've tried a few of the one's that were free or free trials, I've added the cards into the apps. I went to use the app but the companies scanners can't read the bar codes. Has anyone else had this problem with their Google Nexus 6P, and have you found any resolution? Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
    11-22-2016 11:50 AM
    Android Pay will do the trick, unless your particular gift/loyalty card isn't a simple barcode number (like Starbucks...that only works with their own app). And if I'm not mistaken it should already be installed on your phone.

Also it may be that the reader the business is using just can't read off your phone screen. Check if you have any screen protectors that are too reflective and that your brightness is set up appropriately for this.
    To1976 likes this.
    11-22-2016 12:10 PM
    I can't use Android pay (unlocked bootloader) to buy but all my cards--even library --are on it. It's so convenient with its scan feature to load up.
    To1976 likes this.
    11-22-2016 02:28 PM
    There's one regional supermarket chain in my area that loyalty cards just will NOT scan on their self-checkout systems. I have to turn to the attendant and ask them to scan it with the hand scanner (it's a barcode-based loyalty card). They're used to it though and get it scanned quickly. It's not an app thing, it's a device thing (their device).
    To1976 likes this.
    11-22-2016 06:13 PM