7.1.1 Release date revealed!

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
7.1.1 is being released on the 6 of December. ������ The update is*approximately 650MB.
Google Nexus 5X (LG) - Software update | Vodafone Support.
So 10 days to go!

ill obviously wait for the Official announcement from Google about the launch dates but thanks for sharing @jcdub! Always nice to have something to look forward to :D (not that i own a Nexus device) but it means other device updates are coming.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I've heard that there's some sort of roll out where a percentage of phones will be able to get it, and then after 2 weeks everyone can get it.

I heard the same. 10â„… of phones will get it first then the rest after 2 weeks. Suppose this is to ensure that there isn't any major glitches revealed.

Last edited:

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that there's some sort of roll out where a percentage of phones will be able to get it, and then after 2 weeks everyone can get it.

Or if you are brave, you can manually flash the OTA file Google posts to it's site the day they are released (typically same day as factory images).

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Or if you are brave, you can manually flash the OTA file Google posts to it's site the day they are released (typically same day as factory images).

There's nothing dangerous about flashing the OTAs. Unless you disconnect the phone halfway through install, which I did, but it just rebooted the device and didn't affect anything.

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
That's for those who responded about the Beta->7.1 RTM .
Wasn't there a delay though, or some that didn't get the OTA push?
I seem to recall the discussion, about the time 7.0 came out. I wasn't on the 7.0 beta, but am on the 7.1, out of need mostly, since Bluetooth more or less didn't work on 7.0, or close enough that I'd count it as such (7.1.1 BT works almost flawlessly for me, by comparison).

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
That's for those who responded about the Beta->7.1 RTM .
Wasn't there a delay though, or some that didn't get the OTA push?
I seem to recall the discussion, about the time 7.0 came out. I wasn't on the 7.0 beta, but am on the 7.1, out of need mostly, since Bluetooth more or less didn't work on 7.0, or close enough that I'd count it as such (7.1.1 BT works almost flawlessly for me, by comparison).

I am not too sure about delays. But I was on the 7.0 beta and recall getting the OTA for the final 7.0 pretty much right away.

TonySmithPhoto

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Vodafone UK, and I got the 7.1.1 over the air 2 days ago. I'm on build NMF26F.

Came through as the normal system update. I was on the Beta programme, but left it months ago. I am not currently enrolled in the Beta programme.

Question though, has anyone else noticed a huge jump in storage space used?

I keep very little on my phone, so was sitting at about 4.5gb used on my phone. After this update it's now up to 9gb used. Is this the new system where we have 2 versions of the system on the phone, and updated will become more seemless, and just swap us over to the most current version when we re boot the phone? Or has this not happened to anyone else yet?

Thoughts?

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Not that I care much but I still haven't got my update yet. Strange... This is my first Nexus but I was under the impression everyone got their's w/in like a day.