Nexus 6P keeps rebooting randomly

nibras23

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, so I switched my Nexus 6P because the headphone jack stopped working, and I got a refurbished model in return. The phone was working perfectly for the first couple of weeks, but ever since the last couple of days it's been randomly rebooting every now and then.

Before this it has rebooted while playing games for too long but I attributed that to the thermal issues with its processor.

Now it is just randomly rebooting while it is doing nothing at all.

Do you guys have any idea what the cause may be?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How often does it do this? If it's at least once a day, try running it in Safe Mode for a day and see if the random reboot still happens. If it does, then it's probably a hardware or firmware problem. I'd contact Google for another replacement, since it's probably not worth spending too much time figuring it out.

nibras23

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I closed all my open apps and cleared my cache, and no reboots anymore. Hopefully it was just a buggy application.
Thanks for the help though.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I closed all my open apps and cleared my cache, and no reboots anymore. Hopefully it was just a buggy application.
Thanks for the help though.
Soma.fm app pulled from the Play Store rebooted my phone all the time.
Bose SoundTouch app from the Play Store also rebooted my phone.
Since removing them my Nexus 6P has not randomly rebooted.

Last edited:

AlanP

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm having issues with my Nexus 6P randomly rebooting too, several times a day. I figured that a cache wipe and factory reset would fix this, but it's still happening. I'm on 7.1.1 Nougat. Anyone have any ideas? Do I just need to replace the phone? (The phone is an RMA replacement; not sure if that has anything to do with the issue.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
These aren't the sudden shutdowns that have been in the news lately, right? It's actually starting back up on its own?

kb1983

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
I find this phone not worth its price actually.

Looks like the headphone jack issue is common. Since I used bluetooth headphones, I am managing it.
But less than a year of using it there are many restarts. It reboots when the mobile data region changes. I had to go back to 3g as suggested at some places on www.

It rebooted when I tried to pick calls sometime.

And it rebooted when it was left for charging.

God know why these days why they don't make phones as reliable as old Nokia. Even if new phone have more features, a non-working phone like this is quite useless and frustrating. When you can't pick a call and it restarts, it's as good as a paper weight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463