The reason I ask is because I'd like to make sure I can get a legitimate 6p battery replacement from an official source. I would hate to replace my battery only to find out there are issues w/ the replacement..
    12-30-2016 01:23 AM
    Check with iFixit.
    For one, they have terrific step-by-steps, and secondly, they sell batteries for some devices. I'd assume their stuff is good, or at least they truly believe it's been well-sourced.
    I think in some cases, where they don't have batteries, I've seen tips on obtaining a (decent) one.
    12-30-2016 03:37 AM
    Most lithium batteries have been coming from companies you never heard of in China for a few years. And most of the ones you find in the shop here (Android Batteries - ShopAndroid ) or on Amazon are legitimate.
    12-30-2016 12:30 PM
    Check with iFixit.
    For one, they have terrific step-by-steps, and secondly, they sell batteries for some devices. I'd assume their stuff is good, or at least they truly believe it's been well-sourced.
    I think in some cases, where they don't have batteries, I've seen tips on obtaining a (decent) one.
    Thank you PGrey for the feedback & happy new year. I actually tried to respond to this when you first posted your response but I was away from my comp. & my smartphone wouldn't let me send the message once I was done writing it. Now I have to find out whether the problem is w/ the charging port or the battery itself. I'm going to start a new post. I appreciate the help. If the batteries the issue checking w/ iFixit will really help.
    01-03-2017 08:04 AM
    Most lithium batteries have been coming from companies you never heard of in China for a few years. And most of the ones you find in the shop here (Android Batteries - ShopAndroid ) or on Amazon are legitimate.
    Thank you also Rukbat. I'll def check w/ both the sources that you & PGrey suggested. Happy new year
    01-03-2017 08:05 AM