Always Awake - Google Services

Carterman32

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I'm on the latest 7.1.1 and I'm having an issue with the phone being awake 100% of the time. The issue does not happen when in safe mode, which would point to an app issue, but I can't seem to pinpoint the problem, even using Gsam, BBS, etc. In fact, when I'm in regular mode and freeze every user app with Titanium, the always awake issue persists. When I look at my battery settings, the chart shows that Google Services is the culprit. I have factory reset my phone and resintalled everything, but to no avail. My battery is getting destroyed.

If Google Services is the issue, I don't understand why the problem goes away in safe mode. And yet, it doesn't appear to be a user app since they're all frozen.

Is there an easy way to diagnose and remedy?

Thanks.

Carterman32

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
3rd party apps can utilize Google Play Services as well, so that could still make sense. I know you did a factory reset, but what about a cache partition wipe as well? It's possible that after the reset, data is being restored to the phone that is causing the problems all over again. https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-clear-the-cache-on-the-nexus-6p

I've cleared cache, as well. And though third party apps can be an issue, since I froze all of them in titanium, I can't figure out why the issue still persists, but doesn't when in safe mode. Any other ideas?