Why has my nexus 6p not received an OTA update since Dec 5

A

AC Question

Device uses Total Wireless Verizon network. Last update was 7.0 Build NBD91V. Battery life is poor.

Ronnie Sandifer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Same thing here. This is my first nexus, used to by moto X line but my pure edition moto x wasnt receiving updates. I joined to beta program for my nexus 6p and still nothing. Im ok without 7.1.1 for a while but pretty sure I should be able to get a more recent security patch. So any idea why the last security patch this phone has recieved is dec 5 2016?

opuntia2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
There's an issue with the V build where those that received it then were not updated to a January J build. However, there's a February K build which seems that even folks with the V build are getting it. So, I would wait a week or two longer to see if you get it. If not, then sideload.

I was in the same boat as you but I lost patience and sideloaded the J build. I'm pretty tech savvy but no one should have to sideload builds in order to get their updates. Can you imagine if Apple required that.

oneman

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So I look the list for Nexus 6P. How to chose the correct one? Also not comfortable side loading. Is there a youtube on this? Also, am enrolled in beta. Will this prevent further participation in beta?

vbinnc

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
Spoke with both Google and Verizon technical support today. Typical of business today, each says it's the other guy should/could fix the problem. Also, the Google tech added a version of the old "your check is in the mail joke". Be patient, "they will fix it soon".