02-20-2018 10:16 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    Huawei sent me and thousands of Nexus 6P owners directly to Google for warranty service.

Customer service reps get their information directly from their managers and supervisors. They have to follow their directions and can't simply direct people where they are not allowed to direct people.

Also, you must have missed the part where I said I spoke with managers and supervisors as well. Huawei has four supervisors, and I know them all on a first-name basis. I also spoke with the supervisor of those four supervisors. Once again, they all directed me to contact Google for warranty service.
    Would love to see transcripts or emails that indicate that. If it specifically states repair or replacement rather than troubleshooting or support.

But even if that existed, it would not change what you just quoted. No one, especially no one that works in a call center, has the ability to change the terms of the warranty.
    11-05-2017 04:24 PM
    Here's Google's official statement on the entire situation:

Warranty
    Huawei provides a limited manufacturer's warranty for the Nexus 6P. To find out what is and isn’t covered by the warranty, refer to the warranty information in the Nexus 6P package or contact Huawei. This additional warranty does not affect your legal rights.

Here's Huawei's official statement on the idea that CSR's or their supervisors could change their warranty terms:

This limited warranty provides Purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy to be provided by Huawei. The agents, employees, distributors, and dealers of Huawei products are not authorized to make modifications to this limited warranty, or make additional warranties binding on Huawei.

Also this part of the warranty could be considered important: (in the section specifying things not covered by warranty) other software problems introduced into the Product.

So here's the run down of things we can learn just from reading the support and warranty pages of Google and Huawei:

1. Software issues are not covered by warranty. Everything else in this thread ceases to be relevant with that simple statement.
    2. Huawei is the sole provider of warranty services for the phone.
    3. Huawei does not allow any Huawei employee, agent or any other company's personnel to modify the terms of the warranty.
    4. Google directly states that Huawei is the sole point of contact for all warranty issues UNLESS the device was purchased directly from Google.

So based on points 2, 3 and 4, there's no reason for you to have ever considered the idea that Google had any obligation to replace or repair your device. They don't. Not only do they not have the obligation to do so, they are specifically prohibited from doing so. Based on point 1, there's no reason to believe that Huawei has any obligation to do so either.
    11-05-2017 04:38 PM
    Would love to see transcripts or emails that indicate that. If it specifically states repair or replacement rather than troubleshooting or support.

But even if that existed, it would not change what you just quoted. No one, especially no one that works in a call center, has the ability to change the terms of the warranty.
    They were phone calls. There are no transcripts or emails. No one said anything about changing the terms of the warranty. I'm just telling you exactly how Huawei handled every single one of my phone calls, as well as thousands of other phone calls of Nexus 6P who experienced issues after installing Android 7.0. Huawei managers and supervisors directed all of us to Google.

Google could have repaired or replaced the devices. Yes, they absolutely could have. They would have gotten in no trouble from Huawei. Why? Because Huawei directed us to Google.

Google could have made things right with thousands of Nexus 6P owners. They could have repaired the device, replaced the device, or come up with the software fix.

Instead, they completely turned their heads on all of us and directed us back to Huawei. We all went in circles for months with no resolution. Eventually the warranty expired, still with no resolution.

This is why a class action lawsuit against Google and Huawei regarding the Google Nexus 6P exists. Even if Nexus 6P owners prevail, do you think we are going to run out and buy another Google or Huawei device after the way we've been treated? Or more specifically, ignored?
    11-05-2017 04:47 PM
    Google could have repaired or replaced the devices. Yes, they absolutely could have. They would have gotten in no trouble from Huawei. Why? Because Huawei directed us to Google.

Google could have made things right with thousands of Nexus 6P owners. They could have repaired the device, replaced the device, or come up with the software fix.
    Both of these statements are false. But yet you keep repeating them, over and over, after being presented with evidence that indicates that they are false. I think that's why this conversation is so circular? Because of the refusal to read, let alone understand and incorporate that evidence into the dialogue?
    11-05-2017 04:52 PM
    Both of these statements are false. But yet you keep repeating them, over and over, after being presented with evidence that indicates that they are false. I think that's why this conversation is so circular? Because of the refusal to read, let alone understand and incorporate that evidence into the dialogue?
    I'm not refusing to read. I'm refusing to interpret what you write as fact. I've already shown that you've written things that are not factual. My interpretation of the situation is that those two statements above are not false. They are true.

If you don't agree, we can end this conversation by agreeing to disagree. I can do that. Can you?
    11-05-2017 04:59 PM
    They are true.
    lol

If you don't agree, we can end this conversation by agreeing to disagree.
    Yep
    11-05-2017 05:06 PM
    BS, i tried the same and they said there is nothing they can do. Google keeps blaming Huawei, refuses to stand by the product they sold.
    JustifiedReason likes this.
    01-02-2018 05:33 PM
    I'm getting this issue now and it doesn't even wait til it gets to 15% half the time. Yesterday it shut down at 39%! It's been way over 4 months now and this issue should have definitely been fixed!
    01-02-2018 06:38 PM
    I'm getting this issue now and it doesn't even wait til it gets to 15% half the time. Yesterday it shut down at 39%! It's been way over 4 months now and this issue should have definitely been fixed!
    I have had my phone turn off around 57%. And you can not start it back up until you plug it into a charger.

This OS update has rendered my phone unusable. I really wish I would have been traded out into a pixel when everyone else was, back when my bluetooth and cell signal issues were the main cause of annoyance.

Just ended my long chat with Google Support, and they obviously refused to help and directed me to Huawei's phone support.

Apple recognized their problems and offered people a cheap repair. Google has pretty much ruined my faith in their products. I have been one of the last remaining Google fanboi's in my sphere of influence. As much as I would hate to go back on my word, I really don't appreciate Google's lack of support. They broke a phone and refuse to fix it.
    02-13-2018 04:33 PM
    Nexus huawei
    02-20-2018 10:16 PM
85 ... 234