04-04-2017 10:06 AM
50 12
tools
    7.1.2 had totally fixed the early shutdown problem I was having since the previous update! Also, I never got the February security update, so having January was not an issue with me. I thought I read that it got pulled for some issues anyway.
    02-27-2017 03:08 AM
    7.1.2 had totally fixed the early shutdown problem I was having since the previous update! Also, I never got the February security update, so having January was not an issue with me. I thought I read that it got pulled for some issues anyway.
    The February update was definitely delivered. It arrived here in the UK anyway...
    02-27-2017 03:23 AM
    The power shutdown problem is not fixed. It shutdown at 25% last night.
    02-27-2017 10:46 AM
    I wish I could report the same thing. Mine had normally been powering down at around 14-15%. After the update to 7.1.2 I thought my battery had been doing a little better, but finally let the phone get that low on battery the other night and it had been showing as 25% or so (warning for low battery hadn't come up yet) and when I went to open up Maps immediately started powering down. I've found that to be a pretty common theme (for me at least) on these "premature" power-downs.......it seems that the battery APPEARS to have sufficient power left upon just a glance at the indicator, but if it's anywhere in this 20% or less ranger and I go to open up an app, it will power down immediately.

Couple other things I've noticed lately and at least one I believe I've seen mentioned elsewhere:

1) I noticed this morning when getting into my car to head to work that my Bluetooth was not turned on. Last I had used it on Friday I had not turned it off, which I know there have been reports of this "automatically" turning off. I will admit that my phone did die and I had to reboot, but I believe that previously this would "retain" those settings when booting back up (i.e. if Bluetooth was on it would be on once rebooted). So not sure if this is a change or just part of the issue.

2) I've been experiencing problems with my screen lock lately (even prior to the upgrade to 7.1.2). I make use of both trusted Bluetooth (in the car) and trusted place (home) so that the phone should stay unlocked in either instance. With the Bluetooth connection it seems to work fine, but lately the "trusted places" of Home hasn't been keeping the phone unlocked. I can pull up maps and it clearly shows me in the location, I can reset the "radius" or whatever in the trusted place settings and it still doesn't seem to fix it. If the phone gets reset, it seems to recognize it at that point, but if I leave and come back, it will remain locked.

3) Similarly, something I just noticed this morning was that my phone was just not locking in general. Setting is for it to lock 15 seconds after sleep, but this didn't seem to be happening. I've reset the phone and it appears to be locking now, but this is the first I've noticed that it just not be locking in a general sense when I'm not otherwise in a "trusted place" or "trusted connection" situation.
    02-27-2017 01:25 PM
    I wish I could report the same thing. Mine had normally been powering down at around 14-15%. After the update to 7.1.2 I thought my battery had been doing a little better, but finally let the phone get that low on battery the other night and it had been showing as 25% or so (warning for low battery hadn't come up yet) and when I went to open up Maps immediately started powering down. I've found that to be a pretty common theme (for me at least) on these "premature" power-downs.......it seems that the battery APPEARS to have sufficient power left upon just a glance at the indicator, but if it's anywhere in this 20% or less ranger and I go to open up an app, it will power down immediately.

Couple other things I've noticed lately and at least one I believe I've seen mentioned elsewhere:

1) I noticed this morning when getting into my car to head to work that my Bluetooth was not turned on. Last I had used it on Friday I had not turned it off, which I know there have been reports of this "automatically" turning off. I will admit that my phone did die and I had to reboot, but I believe that previously this would "retain" those settings when booting back up (i.e. if Bluetooth was on it would be on once rebooted). So not sure if this is a change or just part of the issue.

2) I've been experiencing problems with my screen lock lately (even prior to the upgrade to 7.1.2). I make use of both trusted Bluetooth (in the car) and trusted place (home) so that the phone should stay unlocked in either instance. With the Bluetooth connection it seems to work fine, but lately the "trusted places" of Home hasn't been keeping the phone unlocked. I can pull up maps and it clearly shows me in the location, I can reset the "radius" or whatever in the trusted place settings and it still doesn't seem to fix it. If the phone gets reset, it seems to recognize it at that point, but if I leave and come back, it will remain locked.

3) Similarly, something I just noticed this morning was that my phone was just not locking in general. Setting is for it to lock 15 seconds after sleep, but this didn't seem to be happening. I've reset the phone and it appears to be locking now, but this is the first I've noticed that it just not be locking in a general sense when I'm not otherwise in a "trusted place" or "trusted connection" situation.
    I did wipe the cache too, maybe that helped? I even made it down to 5%, and got the low battery warning. Which I hadn't seen in some time. I have had many apps closing unexpectedly though.
    02-27-2017 07:58 PM
    Anyone else having battery issues? I'm loosing power like crazy but none of the usage detail seems off.
    02-27-2017 09:59 PM
    Security reverted to January's patch on mine.
    My update reverted me back to January security patches well.
    03-01-2017 01:57 AM
    My update reverted me back to January security patches well.
    Correct. The beta is still on January patch. They don't apply security patches to them till they do a beta update.
    03-01-2017 04:24 PM
    Just installed NPG05F and immediately found this bug: SETTINGS > WiFi > click on the "Settings" icon in the top right of the screen (as to see the list of the saved networks).
    The APP crashes!

Same behavior on my two ("twins"") Nexus 6P.
    03-02-2017 03:46 AM
    Just installed NPG05F and immediately found this bug: SETTINGS > WiFi > click on the "Settings" icon in the top right of the screen (as to see the list of the saved networks).
    The APP crashes!

Just tried that myself, agreed, same result...
    03-02-2017 03:49 AM
    Hopefully this fixes a lot of issues I've had since getting 7.1.1. Battery drains, unstable bluetooth, random freezes, none of which were happening prior to the upgrade. Done everything I can think of minus a factory reset which I am trying to refrain from doing. It's starting to get frustrating.
    03-02-2017 04:12 PM
    The APP crashes!

Same
    03-03-2017 02:17 AM
    The APP crashes!

Yep it's been reported on Google forums and they claim to have a fix
    03-03-2017 03:53 AM
    Yep it's been reported on Google forums and they claim to have a fix
    Huh? Where is this fix? Is it possibile to download and install it now?
    03-03-2017 05:32 AM
    Huh? Where is this fix? Is it possibile to download and install it now?
    The fix could come out in the next beta release
    03-03-2017 10:02 AM
    Bluetooth stack appears to have been fixed. I can now connect via Bluetooth to my 2011 Chevy when I could not on 7.1.1
    Glad that's the case for you.

I was having my usual bout of stuttering music via Bluetooth on 7.1.2. Only a factory reset fixed it (for now). Google Support told me today that they are aware of continuing Bluetooth issues; it's not fixed yet.
    03-09-2017 03:03 AM
    Another bug found (???)

I connect Nexus 6P with my Windows 10 via USB cable.
    Charging works but Windows IS NOT ABLE TO ACCESS TO THE STORAGE OF NEXUS 6P !!!

Of course this is extremely annoying.

Tested with both my "TWIN" Nexusa 6P with beta NPG05F Android stock 7.1.2.
    03-12-2017 05:26 AM
    I've had a restart last two nights, thankfully the alarm still worked.
    Is that normal?
    03-14-2017 02:07 AM
    I correct myself: CHARGING via USB SEEMS TO WORK but DOES NOT CHARGE !!!
    No problems with the cable since the same cable connected to the SOCKET ON THE WALL works, i.e. charges Nexus 6P,

Today I installed NPG47I. Same problem. No charging via USB cable connected to any USB port of my notebook and NO ACCESS to the storage of Nexus 6P from Windows.

CAN ANYBODY OF YOU TRY THE SAME , TRIVIAL , EXPERIMENT and report to me?

THANKS
    03-20-2017 05:28 PM
    Mine is ok. Have you tried a different cable?
    03-23-2017 04:22 AM
    I correct myself: CHARGING via USB SEEMS TO WORK but DOES NOT CHARGE !!!
    No problems with the cable since the same cable connected to the SOCKET ON THE WALL works, i.e. charges Nexus 6P,

Today I installed NPG47I. Same problem. No charging via USB cable connected to any USB port of my notebook and NO ACCESS to the storage of Nexus 6P from Windows.

CAN ANYBODY OF YOU TRY THE SAME , TRIVIAL , EXPERIMENT and report to me?

THANKS
    My phone is charging off computer USB, but cannot access phone's storage.

Nexus 6P
    NPG47I
    03-23-2017 09:54 AM
    My phone is charging off computer USB, but cannot access phone's storage.

Nexus 6P
    NPG47I
    Have you tried plugging your phone into your pc then using the pull down menu, changing the usb input from charging to file transfer?
    Blurr26 likes this.
    03-23-2017 07:30 PM
    Thanks for the help! I didn't notice that before. I thought it was an issue/setting on the Windows end when it asked me what I wanted to do when it connected. Problem solved, thanks!
    03-23-2017 07:39 PM
    That's what this forum is for, glad to be of assistance 👍
    03-23-2017 07:44 PM
    is it recommended to manually flash the stable 7.1.2 or wait for an ota out of beta?
    04-04-2017 10:06 AM
50 12