Beta 7.1.2 (NPG05F) is Out

xisruno

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
My beta is in a Jan security as well. Would have thought they would have had at least Feb's in it.

Phone does feel snappier and battery seems to be OK. Attached a screenshot.
4856271877d29e2c0bd5d4214bc43f63.jpg

sportex

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
ive only just factory reset my 6p because of battery drain problems so is it worth getting this update through the beta program?

markst

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Google assistant coming to all marshmallow and nougat user's next week. Coming via Play Store. Would assume it would be for beta users.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Attached a screenshot.
There's something going on with your device: the Awake and Screen tic marks should mostly coincide, but your device is almost constantly awake. You should investigate your apps to find out which one is causing that.

xisruno

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
There's something going on with your device: the Awake and Screen tic marks should mostly coincide, but your device is almost constantly awake. You should investigate your apps to find out which one is causing that.
Could be Facebook. If I uninstall it that does better and battery last much longer.
I also have Facebook messages too

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
7.1.2 had totally fixed the early shutdown problem I was having since the previous update! Also, I never got the February security update, so having January was not an issue with me. I thought I read that it got pulled for some issues anyway.

nomzamo999

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
7.1.2 had totally fixed the early shutdown problem I was having since the previous update! Also, I never got the February security update, so having January was not an issue with me. I thought I read that it got pulled for some issues anyway.
The February update was definitely delivered. It arrived here in the UK anyway...
eb1d9649aa496dd16bcdd702a36e6642.jpg

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site

I wish I could report the same thing. Mine had normally been powering down at around 14-15%. After the update to 7.1.2 I thought my battery had been doing a little better, but finally let the phone get that low on battery the other night and it had been showing as 25% or so (warning for low battery hadn't come up yet) and when I went to open up Maps immediately started powering down. I've found that to be a pretty common theme (for me at least) on these "premature" power-downs.......it seems that the battery APPEARS to have sufficient power left upon just a glance at the indicator, but if it's anywhere in this 20% or less ranger and I go to open up an app, it will power down immediately.

Couple other things I've noticed lately and at least one I believe I've seen mentioned elsewhere:

1) I noticed this morning when getting into my car to head to work that my Bluetooth was not turned on. Last I had used it on Friday I had not turned it off, which I know there have been reports of this "automatically" turning off. I will admit that my phone did die and I had to reboot, but I believe that previously this would "retain" those settings when booting back up (i.e. if Bluetooth was on it would be on once rebooted). So not sure if this is a change or just part of the issue.

2) I've been experiencing problems with my screen lock lately (even prior to the upgrade to 7.1.2). I make use of both trusted Bluetooth (in the car) and trusted place (home) so that the phone should stay unlocked in either instance. With the Bluetooth connection it seems to work fine, but lately the "trusted places" of Home hasn't been keeping the phone unlocked. I can pull up maps and it clearly shows me in the location, I can reset the "radius" or whatever in the trusted place settings and it still doesn't seem to fix it. If the phone gets reset, it seems to recognize it at that point, but if I leave and come back, it will remain locked.

3) Similarly, something I just noticed this morning was that my phone was just not locking in general. Setting is for it to lock 15 seconds after sleep, but this didn't seem to be happening. I've reset the phone and it appears to be locking now, but this is the first I've noticed that it just not be locking in a general sense when I'm not otherwise in a "trusted place" or "trusted connection" situation.

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could report the same thing. Mine had normally been powering down at around 14-15%. After the update to 7.1.2 I thought my battery had been doing a little better, but finally let the phone get that low on battery the other night and it had been showing as 25% or so (warning for low battery hadn't come up yet) and when I went to open up Maps immediately started powering down. I've found that to be a pretty common theme (for me at least) on these "premature" power-downs.......it seems that the battery APPEARS to have sufficient power left upon just a glance at the indicator, but if it's anywhere in this 20% or less ranger and I go to open up an app, it will power down immediately.

Couple other things I've noticed lately and at least one I believe I've seen mentioned elsewhere:

1) I noticed this morning when getting into my car to head to work that my Bluetooth was not turned on. Last I had used it on Friday I had not turned it off, which I know there have been reports of this "automatically" turning off. I will admit that my phone did die and I had to reboot, but I believe that previously this would "retain" those settings when booting back up (i.e. if Bluetooth was on it would be on once rebooted). So not sure if this is a change or just part of the issue.

2) I've been experiencing problems with my screen lock lately (even prior to the upgrade to 7.1.2). I make use of both trusted Bluetooth (in the car) and trusted place (home) so that the phone should stay unlocked in either instance. With the Bluetooth connection it seems to work fine, but lately the "trusted places" of Home hasn't been keeping the phone unlocked. I can pull up maps and it clearly shows me in the location, I can reset the "radius" or whatever in the trusted place settings and it still doesn't seem to fix it. If the phone gets reset, it seems to recognize it at that point, but if I leave and come back, it will remain locked.

3) Similarly, something I just noticed this morning was that my phone was just not locking in general. Setting is for it to lock 15 seconds after sleep, but this didn't seem to be happening. I've reset the phone and it appears to be locking now, but this is the first I've noticed that it just not be locking in a general sense when I'm not otherwise in a "trusted place" or "trusted connection" situation.

I did wipe the cache too, maybe that helped? I even made it down to 5%, and got the low battery warning. Which I hadn't seen in some time. I have had many apps closing unexpectedly though.

Paolo Reffo

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
NPG05F crashes on SETTINGS > WiFi > Settings icon

Just installed NPG05F and immediately found this bug: SETTINGS > WiFi > click on the "Settings" icon in the top right of the screen (as to see the list of the saved networks).
The APP crashes!

Same behavior on my two ("twins"") Nexus 6P.

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: NPG05F crashes on SETTINGS > WiFi > Settings icon

Just installed NPG05F and immediately found this bug: SETTINGS > WiFi > click on the "Settings" icon in the top right of the screen (as to see the list of the saved networks).
The APP crashes!

Just tried that myself, agreed, same result...

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully this fixes a lot of issues I've had since getting 7.1.1. Battery drains, unstable bluetooth, random freezes, none of which were happening prior to the upgrade. Done everything I can think of minus a factory reset which I am trying to refrain from doing. It's starting to get frustrating.

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

The APP crashes!

Same

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

The APP crashes!

Yep it's been reported on Google forums and they claim to have a fix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781