I am using my 6p on Verizon right now and would like to try out T-mobile. I am just wondering how well the 6p works on T-mobile and if I can just order a Sim card and drop it right into the 6p?
    04-04-2017 12:41 PM
    I am using my 6p on Verizon right now and would like to try out T-mobile. I am just wondering how well the 6p works on T-mobile and if I can just order a Sim card and drop it right into the 6p?
    You can order a SIM and drop it right into the 6P.

Could you further clarify what you're asking about when you ask "how well" a 6P would work on T-Mobile?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-04-2017 12:47 PM
    I have a Google-purchased 6P on T-Mobile... everything works. All I did was pop in the SIM and turn the phone on. Band 12, VoLTE, HD Voice, Wifi Calling, etc... all work.
    Laura Knotek and Ry like this.
    04-04-2017 01:36 PM
    I have a Google-purchased 6P on T-Mobile... everything works. All I did was pop in the SIM and turn the phone on. Band 12, VoLTE, HD Voice, Wifi Calling, etc... all work.
    How did you get band 12 to work?
    04-04-2017 02:23 PM
    Should work just fine, depending on T-Mobile's coverage in your area.
    04-04-2017 02:24 PM
    How did you get band 12 to work?
    Worked out of the box... it's seamless to the user. I think it was, maybe August of 2015 I think. I was at one of those kid farm playground things in the middle of a rather rural section near where I live. The signal there was sort of junk... when I noticed it I had a decent LTE signal. I opened a signal check app I had and, sure enough, band 12.

And I also noticed that I had a signal on a stretch of highway that drives through a wildlife reserve... NO ONE.. AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, had anything through there. That Monday, yep, LTE.

Speeds aren't great, there's not a lot of bandwidth in that band, but a signal is a signal.
    Seryozha likes this.
    04-04-2017 03:09 PM
    Worked out of the box... it's seamless to the user. I think it was, maybe August of 2015 I think. I was at one of those kid farm playground things in the middle of a rather rural section near where I live. The signal there was sort of junk... when I noticed it I had a decent LTE signal. I opened a signal check app I had and, sure enough, band 12.

And I also noticed that I had a signal on a stretch of highway that drives through a wildlife reserve... NO ONE.. AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, had anything through there. That Monday, yep, LTE.

Speeds aren't great, there's not a lot of bandwidth in that band, but a signal is a signal.
    Nice. I've never picked it up and whenever I ask T-Mo about it they say they are still working with Google on it.
    04-04-2017 03:30 PM
    Nice. I've never picked it up and whenever I ask T-Mo about it they say they are still working with Google on it.
    You're sure it's available where you are?
    04-04-2017 11:03 PM
    You're sure it's available where you are?
    They tell me it is
    04-05-2017 10:41 AM
    No problems here
    04-05-2017 12:19 PM