After 7.1.2, SIM Card not detected

blckhwkone

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've received today the OTA for the 7.1.2 uptdate, after it my phone didn't detect my SIM card, and my IMEI number disappeared. I've tried the SIM into an other phone and it worked perfectedly. I've tried a soft reset, an hard reset (factory reset+wipe data), and wiping the cache without any positive result. I've contacted Google but no answer so far, the phone was from Google Store and my 1 year warranty expired last month. I would like to come back to 7.1.1 but i don't know how to use a factory image.

I don't know what to do now, I'm little bit desperate, if anyone have an advice here.:':)'(
Thank you in advance.

Nexus 6P
7.1.2 build N2G47H
kernel 3 .10.73-g0a21e4c
Bootloader locked

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you boot into the Bootloader (with the phone completely off, press-and-hold Volume Down and then press Power until you see the Bootloader) you can use the Volume keys to cycle through the options until you see 'Barcodes'. Use the Power button to select that menu, and at the top of the screen it should show your IMEI. If that's been wiped out, sorry, you're screwed. There's no way that I know of to restore the IMEI unless you've previously made a backup (root required).

Time to contact Google and explain that the 7.1.2 OTA nuked your IMEI and ask for a replacement.

blckhwkone

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I went trough Barcodes menu, and i still found my IMEI number, I'm thinking to flash the 7.1.2. OTA image, the ting is i'm getting a black screen when i'm triyning to go to developer menu, even when i'm in safe mode.

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If I understand you correctly, you already have 'Developer options' enabled but when you select that option you just get a black screen?
Does the phone respond at that point (to the Back button or Home button) or is it locked up?

blckhwkone

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
Yes exactly, i have the developer options menu but when i select it i just have black screen and the phone doesn't respond anymore untill settings menu closes automaticlly, so i'm unable to set the debbuging usb mode to on, and by this unable to unlock the bootloader and flash an image.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It's been awhile (a couple of months) since I flashed an image so I don't remember the details - I thought the flash-all.bat took care of unlocking the bootloader without any special steps required.

I'd recommend flashing the complete image found at https://developers.google.com/android/images rather than the OTA that you mentioned; since you already performed a Factory Reset an OTA image is pointless.

blckhwkone

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
I achived to unlock the boot loader and flash a full factory image of 7.1.1 built N4F26T, but the problem is still there.

Google guys are useless, they told me to contact huawei, the things is pior the update all worked perfectedly fine, I purchased my phone on the Google store last year (march) so my warranty period is over. I don't understand how can you spread an unstable update like this :-\

No the phone is not rooted.

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So when you look in Settings -> About phone -> Status -> IMEI information, there is nothing shown for IMEI? What about the other fields (MEID, etc)?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
That's very bad - I believe you're going to require a replacement device, and if this started when you received the 7.1.2 OTA then Google should take responsibility for the problem. Good luck.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Might be a bit simplistic but is it worth ordering a new sim card from your carrier?
FWIW the IMEI and MEID should both be shown (in the location that I listed above) whether you have a SIM card present or not. So if the OP completely removed the SIM card that information should still be shown; since there's some bogus 'Unknown' information displayed something really got buggered up and I'm not aware of a way to restore it without first having a backup of that partition.

Rufuous

Sep 22, 2018
Visit site
FWIW the IMEI and MEID should both be shown (in the location that I listed above) whether you have a SIM card present or not. So if the OP completely removed the SIM card that information should still be shown; since there's some bogus 'Unknown' information displayed something really got buggered up and I'm not aware of a way to restore it without first having a backup of that partition.

So I still have my IMEI number shown. I am using a samsung galaxy s5 g900fd and my sim is not being detected by my phone. Any tips?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So I still have my IMEI number shown. I am using a samsung galaxy s5 g900fd and my sim is not being detected by my phone. Any tips?
Perhaps there's something wrong with the SIM card? Does your SIM work in a different phone? Can you borrow a SIM from a friend and try it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol