it still has my house listed, but working only 50% of the time. when i try to add it a place, says my home is already listed. any advise? thanks
    04-14-2017 01:52 PM
    Hello!

I have a couple questions for you. Are you using home (which is based off your Google Maps/Google Now)? Or a dropped pin to detect location? These settings can be found under settings > Security > Smart Lock > Trusted places.

You can tap on a dropped pin and remove it and try pinning again. But, if it's using "Home" that's a different story. You should be able to tap on "home" even though its greyed out and go to an edit page. You can delete the location from here and start fresh. However, keep in mind you'll have to re enter your home information into your Google services if you go this route. If you can expand a little on what you are seeing i'll try and help a little further!

Thanks!
    04-14-2017 02:55 PM
    i have both, my home thru google and when i was at home i added the location. same thing is happening on wifes phone
    04-14-2017 03:12 PM
    Were you able to attempt trying to remove the location via the above instruction and re adding?
    04-14-2017 05:29 PM
    Were you able to attempt trying to remove the location via the above instruction and re adding?
    yes and no change, still having same problem
    04-14-2017 05:39 PM
    Trusted home from my own experience seems to work better with just the pinpointed location rather than the manually typed one from Google. So if you try to add a pinpoint that's when it's popping up telling you it's already listed?
    04-14-2017 05:46 PM
    Trusted home from my own experience seems to work better with just the pinpointed location rather than the manually typed one from Google. So if you try to add a pinpoint that's when it's popping up telling you it's already listed?
    yes, thats when it says its already saved. i also deleted from google and set up knew one by using pinpoint. still not working.
    04-14-2017 05:54 PM
    Hmm. Those are definitely the steps to be taking so I appreciate that! Let me dig around a little on the Google forums a bit and see if I can dig up something further we aren't thinking of.
    04-14-2017 06:22 PM
    I have similar issues... Usually at home, even though I have set it as a trusted place, it will not unlock automatically. I have followed the above steps also to no avail.
    04-14-2017 06:37 PM
    I was able to dig around a little further. It appears on the Google forums that this is a very common issue that has been ongoing since roughly November (major consistency issues and pinpointing). Google has gone silent on a fix as of right now. My above mentioned suggestions were listed but did not work for the users over there either. Very frustrating for you guys I'm sure! I'm not a smart Lock user, but this would annoy me. Are you both on Android 7 or above/March security patch or above? I'll keep my eye on it to see if Google chimes in.
    04-14-2017 08:04 PM
    I'm running latest, 7.1.2. thanks for trying. yes please keep is posted
    04-14-2017 10:23 PM
    Yup everyone is saying 7.1 is the culprit ๐Ÿ˜
    04-14-2017 10:34 PM
    Yup everyone is saying 7.1 is the culprit ๐Ÿ˜
    I've had this problem with trusted places since long before 7.1 (I'm on 7.1.2 now). I'll go away on a business trip and come home and it won't work. The only thing that fixes it reliably for me is a reboot. It's such a great feature when it works.
    bmhillegass87 likes this.
    04-14-2017 11:18 PM
    Yeah, also on 7.1.2. However, I've had this issue for quite a long time. Don't remember if it showed up with 7 or was around with 6.x however...
    04-17-2017 11:11 AM
    I'd guess that most people have Wi-Fi access at home - wouldn't Trusted Connection work as a replacement for Trusted Location?
    Just an option.
    04-17-2017 04:53 PM
    I'd guess that most people have Wi-Fi access at home - wouldn't Trusted Connection work as a replacement for Trusted Location?
    Just an option.
    Yes that would be great if it was an option. Trusted Devices works like that, but it's only for Bluetooth or NFC connections. There is no such thing as Trusted Connections, at least not on my 6p.
    04-17-2017 05:01 PM
    I have had it since I got the phone when it was released. i'ts been an ongoing issue for me since the phone came out on 6.0. and I have had a replacement. And done two factory resets.
    04-19-2017 10:52 PM
    This has been happening for me as well. I've set both my "Home" location (Google account) and a pin point location, neither of which are working. It's been an issue for at least a few months. I wish Google would allow us to set up trusted connections, so that wifi networks can keep the phone unlocked. Or just fix the trusted places feature.

Sigh.
    04-20-2017 09:55 AM
    Yes that would be great if it was an option. Trusted Devices works like that, but it's only for Bluetooth or NFC connections. There is no such thing as Trusted Connections, at least not on my 6p.
    Doh! My bad - I just assumed that since there was a trusted device capability there would also be a trusted connection capability. Made sense to me that users would want that feature.
    04-20-2017 11:24 AM
    I have the same issue and have tried the fixes suggested.. They haven't worked for me either. Hope Google can resolve the issue.
    04-22-2017 09:37 PM
    I've just had success turning Location off and then back on. That got trusted places working after it had gone flakey again. Still annoying but much faster than a reboot.
    04-24-2017 01:26 PM