Why wont my phons charge

A

AC Question

So i have a Nexus 6p and it's about 1.5 years old, and recently it's decided to not charge when plugged in to a wall, so i thought it's the plug so i replaced the plug and still not joy, so next i replaced the cable and yet still no joy, yet when i plug it into my car charger with the SAME cable it's charged just fine, or if i use the type c to normal usb that you get with the phone it's charged fine, just quite slowly so this is not good, and help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! It seems that switching cables doesn't do the trick for you and that when your phones does charge, it charges quite slowly; so if that is the case, perhaps your battery is on its way out. You said your phone was a year and a half old - maybe getting a new battery would fix this. Keep us updated! :)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
it's decided to not charge when plugged in to a wall, so i thought it's the plug so i replaced the plug and still not joy
Is this 'plug' (I assume you mean 'charger') USB A or USB C?
Did you replace it with an approved charger from Google (or one on Benson's list) or some 3rd party knock-off?

If the phone is charging properly from the car then the phone isn't the issue, and if the removable cable works fine with the car charger then that isn't the issue either.

kyle mcdonagh

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Is this 'plug' (I assume you mean 'charger') USB A or USB C?
Did you replace it with an approved charger from Google (or one on Benson's list) or some 3rd party knock-off?

If the phone is charging properly from the car then the phone isn't the issue, and if the removable cable works fine with the car charger then that isn't the issue either.

I brought a plug from pc world, they said it should work with the phone plus it was £30 so it bloody should work! Anyway so if it's not the phone, but also not the charger then what is it 🤔

kyle mcdonagh

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
The reason the phone charges slowly is because the "quick charge" only work when I'm using a usb type c cable and plug, but if I'm using the phone whilst it's charging it seems that I'm using more power than the cable can provide therefore the phone dies

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The "quick charge" on the 6P isn't the Qualcomm or other standard, it's a Huawei thing, so if you aren't using the OEM brick that came with the phone, it won't charge quickly. I've used different USB C cables with the OEM brick and it charges quickly. I also have an apple brick with USB C, but it won't charge fast.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyway so if it's not the phone, but also not the charger then what is it 🤔
I said it wasn't the phone and it wasn't the removable cable - that only leaves the charger. Unless you purchased a Google charger or one on Benson Leung's approved list I'd have to say that's where your problem lies. Sorry if you dropped a lot of dough on one - that doesn't mean that it's going to work properly with a Nexus 6P.