Anyone else trying the O preview?

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I decided to give the O developer preview a shot this weekend, and so far the only problem I've had has been with the screen lock. I don't know if the animation is messed up or if PINs aren't working on this preview, but after a restart, I got stuck in the number pad for entering a PIN. It's like the Enter key on the pad wasn't working. After a few minutes of pressing damned near every item on the display, a poke on the Power button cleared it for some reason. So I decided to go with no screen lock for the time being. Shame since the fingerprint reader seemed to be working fine.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
That's good to know. I've seen so few posts about it anywhere since the end of March (other than articles about "the x# best features") that I was expecting the phone to bootloop or blow up any second. (You can imagine how calmly I took my run-in with an uncooperative screen lock.)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
it's a beta, all right... In a few applications, there's a lot of UI jank. And overall, its consuming more power than 7.1.2.

But that's expected, like I said, it's a beta. I'll probably go back to 7.1.2 shortly. There is a lot of cool stuff though. The Ambient Display enhancements are nice, and the tweaking of the Settings layout, while taking some getting used to, does seem more intelligently laid out.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Did either of you have any luck with the 019 update that started up last night? It's failed on my phone every time I've tried to install it.

Nah... it failed on mine. I read that it was a build label issue and that flashing the factory O-B image will allow the update, but meh.... I'll get to it if I get to it. At 44MB, not sure if there's anything important in there.

I probably won't stick on O much longer... I usually load up these early builds to get a good look at what is going on, but there's always a few issues that pop up and I go back to the stable branch.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'll get to it if I get to it. At 44MB, not sure if there's anything important in there.
True enough. Since my phone's already unlocked, I may try to flash the DP2 recovery image since that seems to allow the new update to take. But, yeah, I can't work up a big head of steam for such a small update either, especially since the phone's working as well as it's going to work no matter what.