Had new battery installed

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
According to Accubattery I was down to 47% of my battery capacity so I paid $85 for a new OEM battery to be installed. Its so nice to be able to go all day on a charge again. I enjoy my phone again and now it will last me until the Pixel 2 or Note 8 comes out!

BKVic

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Where did you get the battery? I replaced the battery on my Nexus 5 but it was a crap battery that wasn't any better than the old battery. Also how painful was it to install a battery in the 6P, I've looked at some videos and it seems much harder than it was in the 5.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
47%? Man... you should probably audit your charging habits to fix that going forward. :) I replaced the battery in mine back in Feb (bought it at launch) after it hit 90%.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Where did you get the battery? I replaced the battery on my Nexus 5 but it was a crap battery that wasn't any better than the old battery. Also how painful was it to install a battery in the 6P, I've looked at some videos and it seems much harder than it was in the 5.

Yeah, it's a tricky beast... getting the visor off, etc all without scratching or bending stuff is a bit of a challenge. I didn't do mine (I should have), but get one of the full iFixIt kits with the tools and heat gun, etc.

BTW, the Nexus 5 was one of the easiest phones to work on... the plastic back popped off easily and LG didn't use a lot of adhesives.