This started about a month ago. Was not really a problem; could still charge normally & when I did charge the notification would disappear for several days. Starting this week, the notification was constant (could not be removed); tried rebooting, safe mode, cache clear, & FDR. I also tried to disable from developer options. Starting Wednesday the battery started draining fast & on Friday I could not charge phone. Some people have had this problem on other phones (per internet search) but very few & not any 6P.

This morning I used spare cable (usb into computer, regular micro plus adapter to phone) Inserted into phone with a LOT of pressure; started charging; also worked using battery pack. At least I may be able to charge now; but notification is still there & battery is still draining probably 6 to 7 % per hour with no usage & screen off.

If the battery life does not improve by tomorrow; I will probably go to Verizon store & get a very cheap phone. We are going on an extended camping trip (old & retired) next week & I don't want a phone that may or not work & charging could be a problem (can not depend on having electricity except in truck).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    05-28-2017 11:12 AM
    The USB-C specification permits power to flow in either direction; if you are not connected to a working power source (such as a charge brick or external battery), then your phone will attempt to provide power to the attached device.

This can be a real problem with USB-C to USB-C external battery packs; if you are not careful to put the battery into the correct mode, you can end up using your phone to charge the battery pack instead of vice-versa.

Tell us more about what devices you are plugging into the port on your 6P when you get this notification.
    05-28-2017 11:26 AM
    Inserted into phone with a LOT of pressure
    That doesn't sound good. You might try cleaning out that charging port gently with a thin flat toothpick. You might have dust or pocket lint wedged in there. Even blowing into the port might dislodge something.
    05-28-2017 11:57 AM
    If that notification is being shown when nothing is connected to the phone then you have a real bad hardware issue; I'd suggest not using the device at all if that's the case.
    05-28-2017 05:51 PM
    If that notification is being shown when nothing is connected to the phone then you have a real bad hardware issue; I'd suggest not using the device at all if that's the case.

agree, I can't see how can possibly be a software issue. This morning turned it on; used it for approx. 1 hour then left it sitting on table. About 3 hrs later looked at it; battery usage normal & notification was gone??? I hope it stays that way for at least the next month, then I will think about repairs or buy a new phone.
    Per ifixit teardown, the jack is attached (probably soldered) to the daughterboard (not a simple repair).
    05-29-2017 01:08 PM
    Look closely inside the charging port slot under daylight or a torch with a magnifying glass. You might find some debris inside. Remove it carefully with a needle, without damaging the port pins.
    10-06-2017 03:58 AM