New 6P user, battery concerns

psh75

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi all.

I have a refurbished 6P, coming from a Nexus 5. I have some concern about the battery.

Last night it was put down on 95%. Over night on doze, 6 hours, it dropped to 91%. I then used it for about an hour, messaging, a bit of browsing, one very short phone call, and the battery now sits at 74%.

Compared to my Nexus 5, this is to me seems quite heavy loss. Is it normal or should I be investigating further?

psh75

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
I should probably add, I'm on 7.12, screen brightness at about 15 to 20%. Signal is good, and no location, no bluetooth, no wireless.

psh75

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
Another update:

Just wqatched 45 minutes of Netflix on 4G with plugged in earphones, screen on 20%.

Battery dropped from 70% to 54%.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi all.

I have a refurbished 6P, coming from a Nexus 5. I have some concern about the battery.

Last night it was put down on 95%. Over night on doze, 6 hours, it dropped to 91%. I then used it for about an hour, messaging, a bit of browsing, one very short phone call, and the battery now sits at 74%.

Compared to my Nexus 5, this is to me seems quite heavy loss. Is it normal or should I be investigating further?
One can only hope that when it was refurbished they also replaced the battery but there's really only one way to tell - try an application like AccuBattery https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.digibites.accubattery&token=GKDrUPpH and see what it reports for battery health (you'll have to go through a number of charge cycles before it'll give you a somewhat accurate picture of battery health).

I don't see an issue offhand with the Doze result that you mentioned; a few percent is pretty normal.

As for the rest of the data that you provided (here and in your other posts) it's really impossible to tell, since someone would have to try the same things to have a point of reference. Overall you should be able to get 3 to 4 hours of SOT on any given day assuming you started at 100% and ran it down to 20%.

There are tools that you can use to see if your battery usage is problematic due to some installed applications but it'll take some work to get there.

psh75

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
One can only hope that when it was refurbished they also replaced the battery but there's really only one way to tell - try an application like AccuBattery https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.digibites.accubattery&token=6in1DWeG and see what it reports for battery health (you'll have to go through a number of charge cycles before it'll give you a somewhat accurate picture of battery health).

I don't see an issue offhand with the Doze result that you mentioned; a few percent is pretty normal.

As for the rest of the data that you provided (here and in your other posts) it's really impossible to tell, since someone would have to try the same things to have a point of reference. Overall you should be able to get 3 to 4 hours of SOT on any given day assuming you started at 100% and ran it down to 20%.

There are tools that you can use to see if your battery usage is problematic due to some installed applications but it'll take some work to get there.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have installed Accubattery, I'll see what it comes up with over the weekend.

psh75

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
Ok, so Accubattery says my battery is at 63% health! So, I've booked it in for a new battery. Hopefully this will solve the problem and I can start to enjoy this phone properly :)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so Accubattery says my battery is at 63% health! So, I've booked it in for a new battery. Hopefully this will solve the problem and I can start to enjoy this phone properly :)
Yikes! Someone had to had abused the hell out of that thing to have it degrade that much. Way too many deep cycle discharges and probably daily stints sitting on the charger all night.

psh75

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
New battery fitted, and after two cycles, Accubattery is reporting 100% health. The phone lasts much longer now, so I'm a happy chappy!

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Using Accubattery, I see that my battery (now 1.5 years old) is at 63% health. This matches what I saw in longevity decrease. Can anyone post how/where they got their battery replaced?

(I really don't want to have to replace the phone)

psh75

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
Using Accubattery, I see that my battery (now 1.5 years old) is at 63% health. This matches what I saw in longevity decrease. Can anyone post how/where they got their battery replaced?

(I really don't want to have to replace the phone)

I just took mine to a local phone repair shop. They fitted a new original Huawei battery for £50.

Accubattery now reports 102% health.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084