2017 anyone still enjoying this phone?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
With all the negative threads and news concerning the apparent demise of the 6P Are most still enjoying using the 6P? or is it just the usual few who are having the most problems? I ask this because I just purchased a 6P before checking the forums and web. I've seen noting but doom and gloom. I had no idea the 6P had gone downhill so quickly.

Please tell me that most are still enjoying the 6P and not having all the problems so many seem to be having with the still relatively new device. Thanks

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't aware there was a demise and/or negative threads. I still have my 6P, have never had any issues with it. I currently am not using it, but was until about a month ago then I stopped using two phones. 6P is an awesome device.

Davide Accogli

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
With all the negative threads and news concerning the apparent demise of the 6P Are most still enjoying using the 6P? or is it just the usual few who are having the most problems? I ask this because I just purchased a 6P before checking the forums and web. I've seen noting but doom and gloom. I had no idea the 6P had gone downhill so quickly.

Please tell me that most are still enjoying the 6P and not having all the problems so many seem to be having with the still relatively new device. Thanks
Me, sure. I have never had any problem. I'm still enjoying battery life and never had any bricks from MM to N.
Now I'm on stock 7.1.2 but I'm planning to switch to Pure Nexus cuz it has some options and functionalities I need.
You'll enjoy it!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Love mine... only 'issue' I had was slight degradation (i.e. 10%) of the battery after about 18 months of ownership... which I had replaced with a nice, fresh one. It's served me well, with zero issues, since I got it near launch.

In FACT... it is not currently in the hands of my wife. I got her a G6, thinking it would solve all her mobile ills... and it turns out that the G6's camera actually kind of sucks... well, sucks might be a strong term, but it's average... it would have been a really good camera in 2014, but not in 2017. And the 6P's camera is miles better. Still runs smooth and strong. Still is a great phone.

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

No issues here. Bought it last year used (in great condition) to replace my LG G3. Been loving it ever since.

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Love mine... only 'issue' I had was slight degradation (i.e. 10%) of the battery after about 18 months of ownership... which I had replaced with a nice, fresh one. It's served me well, with zero issues, since I got it near launch.

In FACT... it is not currently in the hands of my wife. I got her a G6, thinking it would solve all her mobile ills... and it turns out that the G6's camera actually kind of sucks... well, sucks might be a strong term, but it's average... it would have been a really good camera in 2014, but not in 2017. And the 6P's camera is miles better. Still runs smooth and strong. Still is a great phone.
Did you replace the battery yourself or bring it somewhere? Where did you purchase the replacement battery? My battery is at about 91% of original capacity (at least according to Accubattery) and was contemplating replacing the battery. I really have no other reason to replace the phone.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Did you replace the battery yourself or bring it somewhere? Where did you purchase the replacement battery? My battery is at about 91% of original capacity (at least according to Accubattery) and was contemplating replacing the battery. I really have no other reason to replace the phone.

I used a service.... forget the name... UbreakweFix or something like that. I called around and asked a few places, not everyone wanted to repair it. There was a bit of a problem because the tech that did it hadn't done one of these before and did a bit of a hack job getting the visor out (gouged the frame a little)... the other tech sort of yelled at him for being a hack... So if you find a place, make sure they don't use their resident hack to do it. :) In hindsight, I should have bought a iFix it kit and done it myself.

But it's in a case so I don't see the little gouges (nothing horrible), and phone's ran great since. And they refunded the cost of the replacement, so it was free.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm still enjoying my 6P. It's a great phone as long as it doesn't suffer from early shutdown or bootloop issue. Huawei definitely cut some corners with the 6P but I haven't had any issues after about a year. Battery life and overall performance has been great.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I wasn't aware there was a demise and/or negative threads. I still have my 6P, have never had any issues with it. I currently am not using it, but was until about a month ago then I stopped using two phones. 6P is an awesome device.
What are you using now

TonySmithPhoto

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine since November 2015. Never had any problems at all. Great battery life, all works exactly as it should.

I do fancy an upgrade, but that's just me being me, and certainly not due to any issues with the phone. I love the 6P, it's been an awesome device, and I'm really really struggling to find anything that comes close to it.

I may well stick with it another year, it's giving me everything I want from a phone. Mind you, if I get a decent enough deal, I may go for the upgrade ha ha.

As you can see, I just cannot decide what to do.

Long live the Nexus 6P. :)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine since November 2015. Never had any problems at all. Great battery life, all works exactly as it should.

I do fancy an upgrade, but that's just me being me, and certainly not due to any issues with the phone. I love the 6P, it's been an awesome device, and I'm really really struggling to find anything that comes close to it.

I may well stick with it another year, it's giving me everything I want from a phone. Mind you, if I get a decent enough deal, I may go for the upgrade ha ha.

As you can see, I just cannot decide what to do.

Long live the Nexus 6P. :)
You may appreciate the new pixel XL when you see it

TrackFan

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using my 6P. Bought it about 18 months ago. Battery still fine. I'm one to skip at least two generations of phones before buying another so I'll probably keep using this one for at least another year or two (as long as the battery holds).
The only trouble I've had with my 6P (and this was from Day 1 and is a big issue to me) is that the bluetooth transmitter is most definitely weak sauce. 100% hardware related. Luckily for me when I put the phone in it's on-dash mount in my car that position just so happens to be the best position for it to communicate with my car's bluetooth receiver and it works fine. I've verified the substandard bluetooth performance with my soundbar in the house ... the phone has to be oriented in the absolute correct position to stream music or it will cut in and out. Other than that I've had ZERO problems. I'm now running the latest Beta version of O and no software updates have 'fixed' the bluetooth issue - because it's a poor H/W design.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Still enjoying mine although it has slowed down. the only real frustration I have is the camera is super slow now. Slow to launch and slow to take the pictures. I'm looking forward to upgrading to the new pixel. but the 6p is still a great phone. I still love the design

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My 6P (purchased right after release) is down to 86% according to AccuBattery but still works reliably. I haven't had any of the problems that you may be concerned about; only noticeable delay is capturing pictures (HDR processing time). Still on 7.1.2 (August security updates) and looking forward to 8.x to see if it breathes new life into the device.

Just purchased a refurbished LG V20 as a backup device so that I don't have to worry about battery issues for awhile.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
No problems,still the best phone I`ve ever had. I`d really struggle to find a replacement for my 6p,especially the camera which I use to take loads of pics of my Granddaughter...it`s superb.