6P screen is lifting off!

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the Spigen case and I noticed the edge today was sticking out of the case. I thought the phone popped out of the case at first. It turns out my screen is coming off. I never broke this phone or replaced the battery. It's stock all the way. Now what do I do?
Peeling6P.jpg

Last edited:

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: 6P screen is peeling off!

I just noticed it takes a tremendous amount of pressure to push the screen back on, I wonder if the battery is puffing? It's the lower right edge.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

How long have you had the 6P? That's a really bad quality issue there and may be dangerous if the battery is swelling

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Do you have the protection plan on it? It not, there's nothing you can do since it's past the 1 year warranty.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Do you have the protection plan on it? It not, there's nothing you can do since it's past the 1 year warranty.
I heard Google would probably replace it for free since I got from them even this far out of warranty. But the results are less than stellar, most of the refurbs are busted phones that they are not testing thoroughly.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I heard Google would probably replace it for free since I got from them even this far out of warranty. But the results are less than stellar, most of the refurbs are busted phones that they are not testing thoroughly.
Wow that doesn't sound promising.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Round one did not go well with Google support. They wanted to know what software I recently installed that could cause the problem. I just hate these overseas idiots.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Round one did not go well with Google support. They wanted to know what software I recently installed that could cause the problem. I just hate these overseas idiots.
Yea.....the software caused the screen to physically lift off of the body

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Google was a waste of time. I won't be buying a phone from them again. Support is useless. I followed a few how to take this apart videos and the battery is puffed. This is one PITA phone to disassemble. I am going to assume the battery pushed the screen out. I read somewhere Google recently sent out an update that checks for legit batteries and the phone won't operate with a non-approved battery. Not sure where I can be sure one is legit?

P1040950.jpg

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Ouch. That sucks. Yea. Support from google is terrible. Try contacting Hussein direct. They might be able to help you out with a new battery.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I ordered a battery on eBay, reading around going direct to H was not an option either, they don't sell parts. I'm going to buy an S8 if this does not work. Last Nexus or Google branded device I will ever buy, Google does not understand how to support hardware. I can find a bunch of articles on this screen lifting and Google says it's never happened before.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

The LG V20 is a pretty nice device if you don't have to have the latest and greatest. That's what I just bought (refurbished) as a backup for my 6P.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Was reading up on how bad H support is. Google passes the buck to Huaweis for every issue so Google has no accountability. That is BS, since Google contracted H to build the 6P they could have insisted how servicing refurbs should be handled. How H can send out refurbed phones with baked batteries and damaged/scratched surfaces is **** poor service.

This is how bad they can be:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/maki...fans-huaweis-service-eli-goldberg?published=t

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

The LG V20 is a pretty nice device if you don't have to have the latest and greatest. That's what I just bought (refurbished) as a backup for my 6P.
I had no idea that LG made phones with removable batteries. I wish Samsung would go that direction.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I hear you. I have the battery issue where it randomly powers off somewhere between 0-30% I contacted them to get a replacement phone and they kept saying if I Factory reset it will solve the issue. it's a well known and acknowledged issue by Google/Huawei that they used sub par batteries, and they should not have degraded this fast over 2 years. Their support at times is very frustrating.