I have a Nexus 6P, 64GB, 8mos old. About 3 weeks ago I noticed it would start to get hot to the touch while just being on, not in use (no visible/intentional apps running). Less than 12 apps on device, photos/screenshots I have taken, my music, voice-notes and documents synced with GOOGLE Drive, occupy storage. Three weeks or so ago, I noticed the screen would stay black after a call, or after coming out of/closing apps. Two days ago, the screen suddenly went black, then the word GOOGLE started blinking on the dark screen. Now it flashes once, then the screen goes black, I get an erratic flashing red light next to the camera lens and then the GOOGLE flashes again. I could originally access the bootloader(?) and recovery mode. All I could do from these areas was shut the device down. Now I can not access those areas either. Does anyone know what is happening to my phone? Can I save my data?
    08-17-2017 09:37 PM
    You can try to press-and-hold the Power button for 30 seconds to force the device off. Then try booting into Recovery mode again. If you're successful you can try clearing the System cache.

Honestly, though, it sounds like you have a hardware problem and nothing is going to get your data back. If you're using Google for your contacts and pictures then your most important data should be backed up.
    08-17-2017 11:25 PM