N6P on AT&T Oreo ota?

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Ya but if I leave the beta program won't I lose the update? I just read this article
If you leave the Beta program before the update to the final forsure version of 8.0, you'll wipe your phone, but once you rejoin the program, you're likely to get that final non-beta version pretty quickly.

Apparently (at least rumor has it) that Google futzed up the update (maybe only for the 6P, but I doubt it) such that everyone who has been receiving beta versions has been blocked from receiving the update to 8.0, but those people who join the beta program now, can get that update. Something about them including the wrong signature in the update package.

I'm not about to wipe my phone given what I've seen of Oreo. I'll just wait for Google to fix their damn update.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know too. No strait answer anywhere. I don't want to wipe my phone if I unenroll.
I haven't messed with beta program for a year. At that time, wipe occurred because Google would flash the pre-beta OS version to your device which included a wipe. Once the beta program sent me a final edition, I pulled out of beta with no consequence as Google did not try to replace my OS since I was running the non-beta (final) version.
Of course, ymmv.
Time to get ADB set up? You can flash images (except for userdata.img) without fear of losing data. But, I digress.

TrackFan

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen since O is now a final release to everyone (another non-definitive answer to your question!). I'm not getting out of the beta program anyway. I've been on it since the early stages of N and O and I've been perfectly happy with it.

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I joined the final Beta, and got the RTM build today, and I'm on AT&T.

If indeed Google hosed the update, it wasn't for me, Beta->RTM worked fine, and I've been in the Beta since the start of the final build (about 4 weeks now).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol