10-16-2017 07:30 AM
138 ... 3456
tools
    Did they give you a tracking number first or did it just show up?
    You get an email with a link to the Google Play store with your order. You have to use a credit card to finish the order. It was $860 + tax, no shipping charge. That same email includes a PDF file which you print for the prepaid return label. Then you can watch your order as it's being processed and eventually you get an email with a shipping notice and tracking data. They ship 2day Fedex but with special instructions to only deliver Mon- Fri.

Hours after I shipped the 6P back I got a notice from Google that they saw I shipped the phone back and the charge on your credit card is gone. They don't really charge your card, they just ping it for the amount, if you don't get it back to them then I assume you will get charged.
    RellD05 likes this.
    09-30-2017 12:21 PM
    Did they give you a tracking number first or did it just show up?
    When it actually ships, you should get an email from the Google Store saying "Your replacement device is on its way". That email should have a link to track your shipment. They sent mine via FedEx 2-day shipping. I was able to track it every step of the way.
    RellD05 likes this.
    09-30-2017 12:43 PM
    So today I got email from Google, they are going to swap my used 6P for a new Pixel XL with an advanced shipment. It does require a credit card but once the 6P is received they will credit my account.
    09-30-2017 12:46 PM
    According to the RMA instructions I received, I had 21 days from the date they ship the Pixel XL to return the Nexus 6P, or they will charge your credit card for the full amount (plus tax). I didn't waste any time returning the 6P (shipped it today).
    09-30-2017 12:47 PM
    So today I got email from Google, they are going to swap my used 6P for a new Pixel XL with an advanced shipment. It does require a credit card but once the 6P is received they will credit my account.
    It will just be a hold, not a charge. They'll simply release the hold once they receive your old device.
    09-30-2017 12:50 PM
    Hi,
    I'm in the UK too and I am experiencing the same issues with my Nexus 6P which I bought directly from Google. I use it on Three too. I called Google customer service and they kept referring me to Huawei, which is not acceptable. Who did you speak to? Can you please message me directly? Thanks.
    10-01-2017 08:11 AM
    Hi,
    I'm in the UK too and I am experiencing the same issues with my Nexus 6P which I bought directly from Google. I use it on Three too. I called Google customer service and they kept referring me to Huawei, which is not acceptable. Who did you speak to? Can you please message me directly? Thanks.
    There is no one else to talk to. We got our Pixels on the Google support line, but from what I read on other forums it was only in the USA that we got Pixels as replacements.
    10-01-2017 08:20 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will keep contacting customer service until I get a satisfactory resolution.
    10-01-2017 08:24 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will keep contacting customer service until I get a satisfactory resolution.
    If you're in Europe you'll only get another Nexus 6P as a replacement. The reason folks in the USA are getting Pixels is because there are no more US-frequency-compatible Nexus 6Ps in stock, and none are being made.
    10-01-2017 10:39 AM
    Hi,
    Did you buy the phone from Huawei? If so, not much Google can do for you.
    10-01-2017 10:44 AM
    Hi,
    They shouldn't be referring you to Huawei IF you bought it directly from Google via the Google Store online. If you bought it anywhere else, you're going to get referred to Huawei.
    10-01-2017 10:49 AM
    Hi,
    Like you, I bought mine via Google.

So they should be dealing with it directly, as they did with me.

Speak to them again, they should check via the IMEI and confirm it was bought via Google.

They should deal with you as they did with me and replace like for like.

The N6P I received is literally as new and with a full 2 year warranty!

Please feel free to send me a private message if you want to chat further
    c99 likes this.
    10-01-2017 11:44 AM
    Like you, I bought mine via Google.

So they should be dealing with it directly, as they did with me.

Speak to them again, they should check via the IMEI and confirm it was bought via Google.

They should deal with you as they did with me and replace like for like.

The N6P I received is literally as new and with a full 2 year warranty!

Please feel free to send me a private message if you want to chat further
    Do you also live in the UK? Google will deal with you if your 6P is still in warranty. Otherwise they farm you out. From reading all the experiences on reddit not too many are getting anywhere now include the USA. I think the free Pixel wave is over.
    10-01-2017 12:18 PM
    Looks like Google is going to replace my 6p with a pixel if all goes right. The rep some like it will happen but it's in review right now then I'll receive a call with 24 to 48 hours with an answer which the rep said it will probably be yes. I actually might get them to send me the 5 inch pixel to be honest. The perfect phone size to me. Hopefully I'll know by today or tomorrow.
    RellD05 likes this.
    10-02-2017 11:07 AM
    Finally got that magical email earlier today. Pixel XL will be delivered on Thursday. Can't wait to not have to lug this power brick around everywhere
    10-03-2017 10:44 PM
    I recieved an email today also. shipped today, delivery Thursday by 8pm. Exactly 3 weeks after calling them.
    10-03-2017 11:01 PM
    I too am stuck in no mans land in regards to numerous emails back and forth about getting my 6p which is still under the nexus protect warranty replaced due to a battery issue. What really makes no sense to me is that I personally know of a Project Fi user with the same issue on their Nexus 6p got their phone replaced within 48 hours. No consistency on the support side.
    10-05-2017 10:06 AM
    I too am stuck in no mans land in regards to numerous emails back and forth about getting my 6p which is still under the nexus protect warranty replaced due to a battery issue. What really makes no sense to me is that I personally know of a Project Fi user with the same issue on their Nexus 6p got their phone replaced within 48 hours. No consistency on the support side.
    That's crazy if you have a service agreement and they won't help you. They have to offer to fix your 6P I would assume? Are you trying to get a Pixel replacement?
    10-05-2017 01:57 PM
    Not really caring what they give me. But if the Nexus 6p has battery issues, would rather not have another one. Just wouldn't want a phone that could die out of no where.
    10-05-2017 02:14 PM
    Not really caring what they give me. But if the Nexus 6p has battery issues, would rather not have another one. Just wouldn't want a phone that could die out of no where.
    A battery replacement will fix that issue. I replaced the battery myself after I was told by Google support to call H for service. A new battery is $14 and you need a hair dryer to heat up the back to release the glue. If you break the glass on the back it's not expensive to get a new one. I lucked out, my glass did not break.

The only reason I finally went with the Pixel was I got an email several weeks later that they wanted to see my puffed battery. How could I turn down that offer! Luckily I kept the defective battery.
    10-05-2017 03:35 PM
    I'm pulling this one back up. It's been 3 weeks since I filed my claim with Assurant and it was approved and Google still hasn't shipped out my replacement device. I'm on my 2nd to the last nerve. Assurant keeps "escalating" the ticket and Google keeps ignoring it. What the heck should I do!?
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    10-12-2017 10:09 PM
    Mine took 3weeks. It has to be soon for you. Hang in there.
    10-12-2017 10:40 PM
    I'm pulling this one back up. It's been 3 weeks since I filed my claim with Assurant and it was approved and Google still hasn't shipped out my replacement device. I'm on my 2nd to the last nerve. Assurant keeps "escalating" the ticket and Google keeps ignoring it. What the heck should I do!?
    Are you getting a pixel as a replacement in your claim? I was just curious if they were giving you another 6p or if you'd get a brand new pixel. I hope which ever you got comes quick for you. I can certainly feel your pain on the wait and you feeling like Google is ignoring your claim. I think it's a bit of both. So many official channels it has to go through and of course Google is in no hurry what so ever which makes me mad for you. They know they have a customer on the other end of this matter waiting yet they can't just go ahead and process your claim. I hope what you get it brand new and they eventually come around and take care of you. I always held the 6p as my all time favorite device and to such a high standard and to see all of these horror stories unfold Killa me for my beloved device. I mean even to this very day the Nexus 6p is the device I use as my measuring stick to compare to other Android phones or in other words does the new Android device I have measure up to the 6p. I still do this even today. It is such a good device and to see it break down like this is certainly hard to swallow. I can only hope since my latest 6p was brand new still when I got it although out of warranty that I'll get a good two years out of it if I need it. I normally don't go that long on one phone but it would be nice to know I had it in case I did. It's hard for me to say with confidence now. Like the other guy said hang in there and if I were you I'd start calling every other day getting statuses on the situation or bug them to death until you finally reach the right person who can get you to that correct person who all they have to do is sign off on it and it's done. Just keep calling them if you're able to and don't give up.
    10-13-2017 03:08 AM
    Oh by the way I called Google earlier tonight who then called Huawei for me as I called in simply because I want to do a color change from my frost white to change to a silver which is my favorite 6p color choice. I had to get the Frost white on this new one I got because it was the only new 6p he had and to get it for $150 and being a 64g I could not pass that up. Now Huawei is acting like they probably won't replace my color to silver even if I pay the 69.99 they charge to replace the back cover out because I'll be going to a different color. I'll know tomorrow afternoon whether they will do it or not but I don't get the reason why they would only change my back cover and only replace it with the same color. I mean some people do change their mind on colors so to me I don't see the big deal on changing my color to silver. Had I had a choice in the beginning I'd have gotten a silver but I was stuck with what ever color he had as I could not pass a brand new 64g 6p up for only $150 bucks. Now I want to pay to have the color changed and I can't get a direct answer and furthermore it seems that it might even be a problem which is insane. Why would they prevent me from paying for their service they offer but not allow me to go with another color. I've researched it. All it consists of is the back cover plate and fingerprint sensor to be changed out to match the back cover or otherwise I'd have a white fingerprint sensor with a silver back which I don't want. I just want to pay them to change the back out and while they're at it change the color simply but I fear I'll get shot down. This makes me so frustrated too. So I definitely feel you man.
    10-13-2017 03:22 AM
    Pixel XL. My understanding is that there are no more US banded Nexus 6p's. I know Google wants to send refurbs at this point, but this is a ridiculous amount of time when new devices are in stock. If the phone was completely busted, well, then what? It makes me think twice about buying through the Google store next.

Don't get wrong, if Google was replacing the device out of the kindness of their own heart, I'd feel differently. But I paid decent money for coverage through Assurant and they are prioritizing people that didn't pay extra over those that did.

If I was not a Project Fi user I would have asked for a Galaxy 7 or something.
    10-13-2017 05:36 AM
138 ... 3456