01-06-2018 10:11 AM
149 ... 456
tools
    Pixel XL. My understanding is that there are no more US banded Nexus 6p's. I know Google wants to send refurbs at this point, but this is a ridiculous amount of time when new devices are in stock. If the phone was completely busted, well, then what? It makes me think twice about buying through the Google store next.

Don't get wrong, if Google was replacing the device out of the kindness of their own heart, I'd feel differently. But I paid decent money for coverage through Assurant and they are prioritizing people that didn't pay extra over those that did.

If I was not a Project Fi user I would have asked for a Galaxy 7 or something.
    Yeah it seems like they have their priorities all wrong here. You paid for for just this sort of thing yet they aren't honoring it. I'd be mad too. Hang in there. I think you'll be taken care of but right now the question is when. Keep us updated.
    10-13-2017 07:44 AM
    Google got slammed with these 6P issues. It was like a built in time bomb with all the batteries failing around the same time. Huawei failed to take care of the issue correctly and Google still does not know how to deal with consumers. Google needs stores like Apple where you can bring your device in and get service the same day. Or maybe they should partner up with a company like Best Buy to have some official service center.
    10-13-2017 07:53 AM
    Google got slammed with these 6P issues. It was like a built in time bomb with all the batteries failing around the same time. Huawei failed to take care of the issue correctly and Google still does not know how to deal with consumers. Google needs stores like Apple where you can bring your device in and get service the same day. Or maybe they should partner up with a company like Best Buy to have some official service center.
    Yeah that's actually not a bad idea bc if anyone is going to compete with apple on a store type level it would be Google. As much as I love my Nexus 6p I just threw my brand new one up on the market place. I have my eye on a Sony which I know I'll regret but once I get something in my head I want that's it. I typically sale and get it then regret. Maybe mine want sell and then I won't regret it lol. Buy I agree with you. Google does now in fact need a store seeing fit as to what all they are offering now this past showing with the pixel 2. A lot of extras along with lots of cases and accessories. They would fair well with stores. That's a dang good point you made.
    10-13-2017 09:10 AM
    My main issue is Assurant is saying they are sending the claim to Google. But Google shows no record of it. It's like they are "losing" it and saying they have no RMA info for my IMEI. So I'm basically screwed.

It's one thing if it takes a while. It's another thing to just ignore the request. Google chose Assurant to handle these claims and ultimately it should be on Google to honor it.
    10-13-2017 12:30 PM
    Didn't realize they lost/can't find the RMA. That's not good. Can you put in a new claim with Assurant? They charge a deductible, right?
    10-13-2017 01:37 PM
    Yep, $79 in this case. My claim with Assurant is still active and tied to my IMEI.

So here's how I understand it works.
    1) File Claim with Assurant
    2) Assurant Collects Payment Info for Claim Approval
    3) Claim Approved/Unapproved
    4) If Approved, Payment Collected
    5) Assurant Sends RMA Info To Google
    6) Google Ships Replacement Device

So basically I'm stuck in limbo between #5 and #6 . I believe Assurant in this case. They have gotten paid, and it's not even "their" device on the line to ship out. They are a middle man to collect a payment and submit RMA info. I just want Google to be straight up about what's going on. At this point, I'm thinking about asking Assurant for a refund but that can't be THAT much money.
    10-13-2017 01:49 PM
    I hit up Google earlier today to try and get some "insider" info on what exactly is going on, on there end. They were extremely apologetic and escalated the situation on their end. The dude hit up Assurant with me on the phone and had them cancel the claim and refund my deductible saying that they will take over the situation themselves.

That's a huge thumbs up.

So they approved a replacement device for me...but of course they are having issues getting something shipped out. From the sounds of it, it's still a stock issue and when they are out of stock, the claims from Assurant are automatically canceled out. Assurant doesn't realize this until you follow up. The cycle continues. A similar thing happened with Google when they gave me a call back. But they are continuing to try and figure something out.
    10-13-2017 09:52 PM
    Not the timing you wanted, but good that you'll get a replacement. I asked if they could repair my 6P because i loved that phone and they said No. Received a new Pixel XL, which i will get $410 as a trade in on my new Pixel 2XL. So i guess I'm not unhappy in the long run.
    Again, I'm glad you will be taken care of... eventually.
    10-13-2017 10:39 PM
    They got back to me today wanting the IMEI number from my original 6P (the one in my hand right now is a replacement I've only had since January). I'm curious to see how long they make me wait. I guess it comes down to whether or not they ship me a refurb or one that is NIB.
    10-14-2017 09:35 PM
    How are you guys getting Google to even replace the device? I've chatted and emailed with multiple reps and they keep referring me to Huawei.
    10-15-2017 12:32 PM
    How are you guys getting Google to even replace the device? I've chatted and emailed with multiple reps and they keep referring me to Huawei.
    They told me it's because I paid for insurance and Assurant is unable to fulfill their obligation to me (which is Google's fault). The reason why is because there are no Pixel XL's either. I think it has a lot to do with the fact it's been a month, and I have been VERY persistent. Plus I still don't have a device in hand. In fact, the guy that is all about helping me is a guy that I was actually transferred to a couple of weeks ago by Assurant. At that time, he didn't give me any real help and the situation just kinda confused him, which is understandable.

When I called Google this last time, got him, and explained what was up, I think I got some kind of special sympathy. I was just calling to try and determine why Google would refuse the RMA request and ended up having the guy call to make sure they could take over the claim, then call Assurant to cancel their claim and get my deductible refunded. Their customer service is just as difficult as anyone elses. I just got an email from them earlier today in response to an earlier inquiry from last week where they told me I'm SOL. Their emailers and phone callers don't know what the left hand is doing from the right.
    10-15-2017 09:23 PM
    They told me it's because I paid for insurance and Assurant is unable to fulfill their obligation to me (which is Google's fault). The reason why is because there are no Pixel XL's either. I think it has a lot to do with the fact it's been a month, and I have been VERY persistent. Plus I still don't have a device in hand. In fact, the guy that is all about helping me is a guy that I was actually transferred to a couple of weeks ago by Assurant. At that time, he didn't give me any real help and the situation just kinda confused him, which is understandable.

When I called Google this last time, got him, and explained what was up, I think I got some kind of special sympathy. I was just calling to try and determine why Google would refuse the RMA request and ended up having the guy call to make sure they could take over the claim, then call Assurant to cancel their claim and get my deductible refunded. Their customer service is just as difficult as anyone elses. I just got an email from them earlier today in response to an earlier inquiry from last week where they told me I'm SOL. Their emailers and phone callers don't know what the left hand is doing from the right.
    So do I have any shot of them offering to replace my 6P when I am both out of warranty and also have no insurance or protection plan?
    10-15-2017 09:46 PM
    Probably not.
    10-16-2017 08:30 AM
    I find it comical that google sends you to the manufacturer even if you purchased through google. Then the manufacturer expecting someone to pay 30% of the original phone price to fix a battery is beyond nuts.
    10-19-2017 06:42 PM
    I guess I'm SOL since I didn't buy mine from Google smh. It shouldn't matter because it's still THEIR phone.
    10-29-2017 09:25 PM
    Hate I am just now seeing this. Trying to decide if I should try for the warranty replacement, that then I can sell. Or just take the lower trade in rate they offer on the 6P. Have a 2 XL in hand, and was just about to send the other back. I tried getting something done on my issues back in the spring. Hate they wouldn't fix it then.

***I am just going with the rebate. I tried and even though I started an issue back in the summer, it wasn't offered to me this time, they still think I should go through manufacturer. I would just assume get the money back while my trade in is still good. And who knows maybe they saw all my orders, and outstanding trade in, and didn't want to offer anything extra. At least now has a 2 year warranty.***
    10-30-2017 11:11 AM
    I guess I'm SOL since I didn't buy mine from Google smh. It shouldn't matter because it's still THEIR phone.
    What most consumers don't understand is that when you buy from a carrier, you are not Google's customer. The carrier is Google's customer. The carrier bought the phone from Google; you didn't. You then bought the phone from the carrier.

Google's warranty support is given to the entity that purchased the phone from Google. Since you didn't buy the phone from Google, they don't know you as a customer. The carrier can/will process a warranty repair with Google or the OEM on your behalf. Again, the carrier is the customer to Google or the OEM.

If you want Google to be on the hook to you for supporting your purchase, you need to be Google's customer, not the carrier's.

With all that said, I understand it can be frustrating navigating the support channels between carrier, OEM, and retailer (in this case Google). Sometimes you get passed from one to the other when it isn't clear who is responsible for supporting an issue. That sucks. Given that Google is essentially making an exception by replacing out of warranty devices and absorbing the cost, can they really be blamed for doing so only for devices they actually sold?
    10-30-2017 05:34 PM
    What most consumers don't understand is that when you buy from a carrier, you are not Google's customer. The carrier is Google's customer. The carrier bought the phone from Google; you didn't. You then bought the phone from the carrier.

Google's warranty support is given to the entity that purchased the phone from Google. Since you didn't buy the phone from Google, they don't know you as a customer. The carrier can/will process a warranty repair with Google or the OEM on your behalf. Again, the carrier is the customer to Google or the OEM.

If you want Google to be on the hook to you for supporting your purchase, you need to be Google's customer, not the carrier's.

With all that said, I understand it can be frustrating navigating the support channels between carrier, OEM, and retailer (in this case Google). Sometimes you get passed from one to the other when it isn't clear who is responsible for supporting an issue. That sucks. Given that Google is essentially making an exception by replacing out of warranty devices and absorbing the cost, can they really be blamed for doing so only for devices they actually sold?
    I'm not in agreement and I bought my 6P from Google. You buy an iPhone from BestBuy, Verizon or AT&T and Apple will take care of you, they don't care where you bought it. As long as the consumer has a receipt Google should take care of it.
    10-30-2017 06:38 PM
    I'm not in agreement and I bought my 6P from Google. You buy an iPhone from BestBuy, Verizon or AT&T and Apple will take care of you, they don't care where you bought it. As long as the consumer has a receipt Google should take care of it.
    I agree. Just explaining how it is.
    10-30-2017 06:43 PM
    Agreed!
    11-05-2017 04:02 PM
    I'm from the UK and got mine from Carphone Warehouse. Sent it off to Huawei's 'approved repairer' and after 6 weeks of 'waiting for component' Hauwei have decided to sent me out a new Mate 9, shame I'd already pre-ordered a Mate 10 pro but I'm hoping to still get a few £ back selling the Mate 9 anyway :-D
    11-20-2017 03:06 PM
    Was there a special nikvt? Or just the main Google support number?
    I am either just out or near out of my protect and I don't want to pay $80 again because of another bad usb c port. I got 2 under Google warranty and one under protect.

Also I went through a boot loop yesterday. But it did stop.
    12-28-2017 09:57 PM
    My battery issues started more recently but I bought my phone from NewEgg (they won't do anything). Is there ANYTHING I can do about this??
    01-02-2018 06:45 PM
    My battery issues started more recently but I bought my phone from NewEgg (they won't do anything). Is there ANYTHING I can do about this??
    Replace the battery. No other viable options really.
    01-06-2018 10:11 AM
149 ... 456