Google is going to replace my 6P with a Pixel XL not in warranty!

kenpbuck

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I received mine today. Shipped FedEx though it stated shipping info received until today when it showed on truck for delivery. I received a new retail packaged device with all the normal accessories.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I received mine today. Shipped FedEx though it stated shipping info received until today when it showed on truck for delivery. I received a new retail packaged device with all the normal accessories.
Did you receive a return kit/shipping label for your 6P? I received the replacement pixel yesterday but don't have either for my return.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I had to contact google again for my rma stuff they never sent in prior emails. Sent back last night they issued refund for amount that they have in hold. Waiting for case and glass screen protector before trying out phone lol

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
When did you place your rma order?? I placed mine on 9/14 and it hasn't moved from ordered yet. It was suppose to be delivered 9/18-19. Nothing yesterday and all no tracking info. Don't like this feeling.

flegma3124

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
When did you place your rma order?? I placed mine on 9/14 and it hasn't moved from ordered yet. It was suppose to be delivered 9/18-19. Nothing yesterday and all no tracking info. Don't like this feeling.

I'm in exactly the same boat. Order placed on the 14th, delivery 18-19th, and hasn't changed from "ordered".

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Just chatted with Google support. I was told that the issue would be escalated to the shipping team and that I would hear back in 24-48 hours. Starting to suspect I'm not going to be seeing a replacement. I think too many people who didn't actually have issues with their devices tried to take advantage of what Google was offering. Those of us that actually have problems with their devices may pay the consequences of that.

flegma3124

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just chatted with Google support. I was told that the issue would be escalated to the shipping team and that I would hear back in 24-48 hours. Starting to suspect I'm not going to be seeing a replacement. I think too many people who didn't actually have issues with their devices tried to take advantage of what Google was offering. Those of us that actually have problems with their devices may pay the consequences of that.

I was told the same thing yesterday. Haven't heard a thing.

Edit: I was told just 24 hours

cdemot02

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
They are escalating it here too. I'm unfortunately stuck in bootloader mode so I wish we didn't have all these people fraudulently claim issues

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Just come across this thread!

I've had to speak to Google today re my N6P 32GB (unlocked, on Three here in the UK). Bought via Google quite a while back etc...

It drops to 30% battery and then shuts off! Running Oreo with no non-Google Play apps, fully reset it, ran all native apps and didn't add any, ran it until 30% and then switched off again! A swine to get back on too, had to hold the power button down for ages etc

Spoke to Google, they've emailed me to say I'll be sent an advance replacement and then send mine back, says I'll receive another N6P, fully refurbished to their high standards and with 2 years warranty...

Wonder if that's exactly what I'll get?!

flegma3124

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Called them again today asking if my order had been canceled. They assured me it's not and then sent me this:

Attachments

• COOL.png
    COOL.png
    121 KB · Views: 24

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I contacted Google support today and did not get much of answer. My phone was ordered on the 15th, it was to ship on the 18th. Google support said they have opened an investigation on these Pixel XL orders. They told me I would have wait 24-48 hours for a reply. They would not tell me if the phone is in stock.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting for mine to ship. I'm going out of town next week. I'm 100% positive it will arrive while I'm not home...

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I did this a couple of days ago and got pawned off to Asurion, which is fine all things considered. They are sending me a 128GB Pixel for my 64GB 6p. Maybe it's a Pixel XL. I'm not really sure because their customer service rep seemed a little confused, but at a minimum, a 128GB Pixel is a generous replacement for the 6p.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12