Google is going to replace my 6P with a Pixel XL not in warranty!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Google would only replace my Nexus 6P (128Gbs) with a 32gbs Pixel XL. I was 4 months out of warranty. They claimed that was all that was available for Canadians. Doesn't seem fair. I even offered to pay for the difference to upgrade to a 128gb Pixel, they said no. They said my only other option was to call Huawei. But I've heard they wont care either.
What do you think I should do?
I know Huawei won't do anything. I had a warranty issue with my honor 8 and I ended up just selling it instead of dealing with Huawei warranty.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm definitely the minority here. I actually just purchased a brand new 64g Nexus 6p from a guy who never opened the box and I got mine for $150. I'm stoked as I actually like the 6p more than I do the Pixel XL. I like the 5.7 inch display better and the overall looks of the 6p better. Hopefully with my 6p being brand new that I won't have any battery issues. So far so good. I just got it today. It was totally dead when i opened the box but it has taken a full charge and holding it well too. I absolutely love my Nexus 6p and would not trade it for the world. Especially getting the deal of the century at $150 for a 64g brand new.

kpatel85

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I placed mine on Sep 15 @8am for silver pixel xl 32 GB...called custormer service and they have escalated my case...and said they will reach out in 1-2 business days. Its been almost 48 hours since I contacted them and still no response. Getting impatient

shenmengy

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
same here. I placed mine on Sept 15, called google once and emailed them twice, still no replies are made. If they are not shipping the replacement next week, i will be wondering if i should send my nexus 6p back, since we have a 21 day limit to send our old device back:mad::mad:

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't return my phone until I had the new one in hand. They are probably low on supply and waiting for refurb units.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Got in touch with them today..again. now its 5-7 business days. It's already been 10 days. I have a warranty. (Venting)

RellD05

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I actually put my order in on the 14th and have been in limbo ever since. Are people finally getting theirs shipped?? I'm pissed because my phone actually IS having those issues. Can't even open Snapchat with the phone below 40% or the entire thing dies immediately lol smh

kpatel85

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
This is the email i got yesterday from them...
"I finally found an information on your order. It is in our back order queue due to stock issue and there is no estimated time yet. Don't worry, it's already in the queue once there is an available device ready for you, we'll send you another email notification."

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Just to update

N6P received from Google today; looks to be brand spanking new with not a mark anywhere and fully sealed box/accessories etc!

Just charging it now; wouldn't turn on initially but has been on charge for 15mins now and battery's at 20% after just turning it on

Oreo downloaded, will go through that update and test with Accubattery

Have been told that here in the UK; they have sufficient reserves of N6P's to replace like for like; they won't consider the Pixel XL until they're out of stock... Sods law haha

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
This is the email i got yesterday from them...
"I finally found an information on your order. It is in our back order queue due to stock issue and there is no estimated time yet. Don't worry, it's already in the queue once there is an available device ready for you, we'll send you another email notification."

That's what I figured. I talked to them last Tuesday and haven't heard a thing since. They've got to have low stock allocated for this, considering the Pixel 2 is about to drop and you know they want inventory of the current Pixel on their website.

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone that has received a replacement Pixel XL please tell me how both front and back video cameras look in low lighting conditions because on mine it looks horrible compared to the 6P :(

shenmengy

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
Just got an email from google saying shipment's gonna made in 5-7 business days. Hopefully it is real. Just wondering do we have to return 6p with its original box? I lost the original box, idk if thats a problem

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got an email from google saying shipment's gonna made in 5-7 business days. Hopefully it is real. Just wondering do we have to return 6p with its original box? I lost the original box, idk if thats a problem
No they don't request the box, they don't even want the charger or cables that came with your 6P.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Waiting for my 128GB Very Silver XL to ship. I RMA ordered it 23 SEP, though I opened my case back on 14 SEP. (I had to wait for a new card before I could place my order.) The store says it should ship today, but I expect that it will be delayed due to stock issues. We'll see.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

They said to me it isn't here in the UK; my replacement handset came in an outer box anyway; so you may get the same. Use that and just add some bubblewrap etc :)