Google is going to replace my 6P with a Pixel XL not in warranty!

RellD05

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
No email, I kept watching the Google store, it showed when it shipped.

Ah, gotcha. I ordered mine on the 14th, but is still showing a delivery date of "Sept 18-19". Just got the "5-7 days" email though, so hoping things move quickly. Told them that they could switch me to another color if it would make things move faster.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Ah, gotcha. I ordered mine on the 14th, but is still showing a delivery date of "Sept 18-19". Just got the "5-7 days" email though, so hoping things move quickly. Told them that they could switch me to another color if it would make things move faster.
I wish I had a color choice, I really don't like the white front. It reminds me too much of an iPhone. My order was also stalled for days after the expected shipping date.

kpatel85

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Did they just email the 5-7 days randomly? or did you contact them?

RellD05

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Did they just email the 5-7 days randomly? or did you contact them?

I was contacting the hell out of them. Once the 17th hit, and I saw it didn't ship, I knew something was wrong. First the ytold me to wait, then as my delivery dates passed by I called again. Then they told me they were "working on it" and gave me a direct email to a rep and told me about the "inventory issues".

Then a couple of days passed and I hopped back into a chat with them and they formally opened a ticket, stating that theyve gotten a very high amount of RMA tickets simultaneously.

It's frustrating because my phone literally dies at 40% without explanation. But I shouldnt have waited so long to contact them. Issue was going for months, but it wasnt until I read that it was widespread that I reached out.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It's not. Any time I've ever returned a phone, I've just sent it back in the box that the replacement was in.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I called just to check on status today, and XL's are still on backorder. Google is probably eating their lunch on this thing and I have a feeling that they are trying to wait for units they can refurb (from folks trading in for a Moto X4) instead of sending out completely new units. I know I could buy mine from Google right now.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I shipped my 6P back yesterday and already got a notice today that Google acknowledged the return. I had looked on my credit card prior to shipping it back and did not see a hold for the phone. I guess those holds probably go away if no settlement is ever done on them.

RellD05

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Just received this from Google Store support:

"I would like to inform you that your device will be delivered by Monday"

No tracking number just yet, but I'm sitting tight

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Did all of you get your 6p replaced with a pixel XL only if you purchased the 6p through the Google store? I wonder if they would replace mine with the 5 inch pixel as I don't care much for the XL. Has anyone tried this before? If not do you think they would allow me to get the 5 inch pixel instead of the XL? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also can someone provide me the link to who I actually email or do you actually call in and file your claim that way? Thanks.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Did all of you get your 6p replaced with a pixel XL only if you purchased the 6p through the Google store? I wonder if they would replace mine with the 5 inch pixel as I don't care much for the XL. Has anyone tried this before? If not do you think they would allow me to get the 5 inch pixel instead of the XL? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also can someone provide me the link to who I actually email or do you actually call in and file your claim that way? Thanks.
If you did not buy your 6P from Google you won't get anywhere.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I shipped my 6P back yesterday and already got a notice today that Google acknowledged the return. I had looked on my credit card prior to shipping it back and did not see a hold for the phone. I guess those holds probably go away if no settlement is ever done on them.
The hold timeframe is up to your bank. My credit union allows them for something like 2 business days. My 6p is a replacement for the first, the hold came and went before I had my replacement device in my hand.

QuayDog17

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
My original 6P had a defective accelerometer. So, contacted Google and they sent out a replacement about this time last year. I used it until it just couldn't hold a charge, and had to buy another device.

When I called Google, they just kicked me over to Huawei who wanted me to pay close to $200 to have it fixed. I'm not a happy camper. I'd have rather stuck to my 6P, but I don't want to pay a ton of money for a device that is already outdated. Though, I did love my 6P. I literally had one issue with it before the battery, and that was solved with a factory reset.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My Pixel XL arrived. They ended up sending me a black one (brand new) instead of silver. Guess supplies are low. I put a case on it anyway, so I don't really care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo