Google is going to replace my 6P with a Pixel XL not in warranty!

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Did they give you a tracking number first or did it just show up?
You get an email with a link to the Google Play store with your order. You have to use a credit card to finish the order. It was $860 + tax, no shipping charge. That same email includes a PDF file which you print for the prepaid return label. Then you can watch your order as it's being processed and eventually you get an email with a shipping notice and tracking data. They ship 2day Fedex but with special instructions to only deliver Mon- Fri.

Hours after I shipped the 6P back I got a notice from Google that they saw I shipped the phone back and the charge on your credit card is gone. They don't really charge your card, they just ping it for the amount, if you don't get it back to them then I assume you will get charged.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Did they give you a tracking number first or did it just show up?

When it actually ships, you should get an email from the Google Store saying "Your replacement device is on its way". That email should have a link to track your shipment. They sent mine via FedEx 2-day shipping. I was able to track it every step of the way.

tienanhcntt2

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
So today I got email from Google, they are going to swap my used 6P for a new Pixel XL with an advanced shipment. It does require a credit card but once the 6P is received they will credit my account.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
According to the RMA instructions I received, I had 21 days from the date they ship the Pixel XL to return the Nexus 6P, or they will charge your credit card for the full amount (plus tax). I didn't waste any time returning the 6P (shipped it today).

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So today I got email from Google, they are going to swap my used 6P for a new Pixel XL with an advanced shipment. It does require a credit card but once the 6P is received they will credit my account.

It will just be a hold, not a charge. They'll simply release the hold once they receive your old device.

c99

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I'm in the UK too and I am experiencing the same issues with my Nexus 6P which I bought directly from Google. I use it on Three too. I called Google customer service and they kept referring me to Huawei, which is not acceptable. Who did you speak to? Can you please message me directly? Thanks.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I'm in the UK too and I am experiencing the same issues with my Nexus 6P which I bought directly from Google. I use it on Three too. I called Google customer service and they kept referring me to Huawei, which is not acceptable. Who did you speak to? Can you please message me directly? Thanks.
There is no one else to talk to. We got our Pixels on the Google support line, but from what I read on other forums it was only in the USA that we got Pixels as replacements.

c99

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will keep contacting customer service until I get a satisfactory resolution.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will keep contacting customer service until I get a satisfactory resolution.

If you're in Europe you'll only get another Nexus 6P as a replacement. The reason folks in the USA are getting Pixels is because there are no more US-frequency-compatible Nexus 6Ps in stock, and none are being made.

RellD05

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Did you buy the phone from Huawei? If so, not much Google can do for you.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

They shouldn't be referring you to Huawei IF you bought it directly from Google via the Google Store online. If you bought it anywhere else, you're going to get referred to Huawei.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Like you, I bought mine via Google.

So they should be dealing with it directly, as they did with me.

Speak to them again, they should check via the IMEI and confirm it was bought via Google.

They should deal with you as they did with me and replace like for like.

The N6P I received is literally as new and with a full 2 year warranty!

Please feel free to send me a private message if you want to chat further

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Like you, I bought mine via Google.

So they should be dealing with it directly, as they did with me.

Speak to them again, they should check via the IMEI and confirm it was bought via Google.

They should deal with you as they did with me and replace like for like.

The N6P I received is literally as new and with a full 2 year warranty!

Please feel free to send me a private message if you want to chat further
Do you also live in the UK? Google will deal with you if your 6P is still in warranty. Otherwise they farm you out. From reading all the experiences on reddit not too many are getting anywhere now include the USA. I think the free Pixel wave is over.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Looks like Google is going to replace my 6p with a pixel if all goes right. The rep some like it will happen but it's in review right now then I'll receive a call with 24 to 48 hours with an answer which the rep said it will probably be yes. I actually might get them to send me the 5 inch pixel to be honest. The perfect phone size to me. Hopefully I'll know by today or tomorrow.

RellD05

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Finally got that magical email earlier today. Pixel XL will be delivered on Thursday. Can't wait to not have to lug this power brick around everywhere

gforce1963

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I too am stuck in no mans land in regards to numerous emails back and forth about getting my 6p which is still under the nexus protect warranty replaced due to a battery issue. What really makes no sense to me is that I personally know of a Project Fi user with the same issue on their Nexus 6p got their phone replaced within 48 hours. No consistency on the support side.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I too am stuck in no mans land in regards to numerous emails back and forth about getting my 6p which is still under the nexus protect warranty replaced due to a battery issue. What really makes no sense to me is that I personally know of a Project Fi user with the same issue on their Nexus 6p got their phone replaced within 48 hours. No consistency on the support side.
That's crazy if you have a service agreement and they won't help you. They have to offer to fix your 6P I would assume? Are you trying to get a Pixel replacement?

gforce1963

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Not really caring what they give me. But if the Nexus 6p has battery issues, would rather not have another one. Just wouldn't want a phone that could die out of no where.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Not really caring what they give me. But if the Nexus 6p has battery issues, would rather not have another one. Just wouldn't want a phone that could die out of no where.
A battery replacement will fix that issue. I replaced the battery myself after I was told by Google support to call H for service. A new battery is $14 and you need a hair dryer to heat up the back to release the glue. If you break the glass on the back it's not expensive to get a new one. I lucked out, my glass did not break.

The only reason I finally went with the Pixel was I got an email several weeks later that they wanted to see my puffed battery. How could I turn down that offer! Luckily I kept the defective battery.