Google is going to replace my 6P with a Pixel XL not in warranty!

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hate I am just now seeing this. Trying to decide if I should try for the warranty replacement, that then I can sell. Or just take the lower trade in rate they offer on the 6P. Have a 2 XL in hand, and was just about to send the other back. I tried getting something done on my issues back in the spring. Hate they wouldn't fix it then.

***I am just going with the rebate. I tried and even though I started an issue back in the summer, it wasn't offered to me this time, they still think I should go through manufacturer. I would just assume get the money back while my trade in is still good. And who knows maybe they saw all my orders, and outstanding trade in, and didn't want to offer anything extra. At least now has a 2 year warranty.***

Last edited:

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm SOL since I didn't buy mine from Google smh. It shouldn't matter because it's still THEIR phone.

What most consumers don't understand is that when you buy from a carrier, you are not Google's customer. The carrier is Google's customer. The carrier bought the phone from Google; you didn't. You then bought the phone from the carrier.

Google's warranty support is given to the entity that purchased the phone from Google. Since you didn't buy the phone from Google, they don't know you as a customer. The carrier can/will process a warranty repair with Google or the OEM on your behalf. Again, the carrier is the customer to Google or the OEM.

If you want Google to be on the hook to you for supporting your purchase, you need to be Google's customer, not the carrier's.

With all that said, I understand it can be frustrating navigating the support channels between carrier, OEM, and retailer (in this case Google). Sometimes you get passed from one to the other when it isn't clear who is responsible for supporting an issue. That sucks. Given that Google is essentially making an exception by replacing out of warranty devices and absorbing the cost, can they really be blamed for doing so only for devices they actually sold?

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
What most consumers don't understand is that when you buy from a carrier, you are not Google's customer. The carrier is Google's customer. The carrier bought the phone from Google; you didn't. You then bought the phone from the carrier.

Google's warranty support is given to the entity that purchased the phone from Google. Since you didn't buy the phone from Google, they don't know you as a customer. The carrier can/will process a warranty repair with Google or the OEM on your behalf. Again, the carrier is the customer to Google or the OEM.

If you want Google to be on the hook to you for supporting your purchase, you need to be Google's customer, not the carrier's.

With all that said, I understand it can be frustrating navigating the support channels between carrier, OEM, and retailer (in this case Google). Sometimes you get passed from one to the other when it isn't clear who is responsible for supporting an issue. That sucks. Given that Google is essentially making an exception by replacing out of warranty devices and absorbing the cost, can they really be blamed for doing so only for devices they actually sold?
I'm not in agreement and I bought my 6P from Google. You buy an iPhone from BestBuy, Verizon or AT&T and Apple will take care of you, they don't care where you bought it. As long as the consumer has a receipt Google should take care of it.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not in agreement and I bought my 6P from Google. You buy an iPhone from BestBuy, Verizon or AT&T and Apple will take care of you, they don't care where you bought it. As long as the consumer has a receipt Google should take care of it.

I agree. Just explaining how it is.

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Agreed!

Hanlon10

Nov 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm from the UK and got mine from Carphone Warehouse. Sent it off to Huawei's 'approved repairer' and after 6 weeks of 'waiting for component' Hauwei have decided to sent me out a new Mate 9, shame I'd already pre-ordered a Mate 10 pro but I'm hoping to still get a few £ back selling the Mate 9 anyway :-D

ecvogel

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Was there a special nikvt? Or just the main Google support number?
I am either just out or near out of my protect and I don't want to pay $80 again because of another bad usb c port. I got 2 under Google warranty and one under protect.

Also I went through a boot loop yesterday. But it did stop.

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
My battery issues started more recently but I bought my phone from NewEgg (they won't do anything). Is there ANYTHING I can do about this??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney