After my poor experience with Google support (where I got nowhere) I shot out an email last week to Google about my Nexus 6P screen lifting off the phone due to a puffed battery. I explained I felt this was a manufacturing defect and should not be subject to a warranty issue since the phone is not even 2 years old. I also mentioned all the boot loop issues going on that I had no confidence in the phone lasting.

So today I got email from Google, they are going to swap my used 6P for a new Pixel XL with an advanced shipment. It does require a credit card but once the 6P is received they will credit my account.

It probably helped that I bought the phone from Google.

I accepted their offer, I am waiting for a link to fill out the info and place the order.
    goadamn likes this.
    09-12-2017 05:27 PM
    Awesome. You will love the Pixel XL and especially that camera!
    Good luck.
    09-12-2017 05:57 PM
    Yep Google is replacing my BLOD 6P with a Pixel XL 128GB, I did have nexus protect and purchased through them, was rather seemless. Though I already have my Note 8, so cheers on a better phone to pawn off.
    09-12-2017 06:23 PM
    Google would only replace my Nexus 6P (128Gbs) with a 32gbs Pixel XL. I was 4 months out of warranty. They claimed that was all that was available for Canadians. Doesn't seem fair. I even offered to pay for the difference to upgrade to a 128gb Pixel, they said no. They said my only other option was to call Huawei. But I've heard they wont care either.
    What do you think I should do?
    09-13-2017 08:37 AM
    Google would only replace my Nexus 6P (128Gbs) with a 32gbs Pixel XL. I was 4 months out of warranty. They claimed that was all that was available for Canadians. Doesn't seem fair. I even offered to pay for the difference to upgrade to a 128gb Pixel, they said no. They said my only other option was to call Huawei. But I've heard they wont care either.
    What do you think I should do?
    I have the 64GB, I don't know yet what Google is going to offer me, the letter did not specify. If they only offer the 32GB I'm still going to take it. I don't use the extra memory and think it's still a great deal to get a new phone to replace my almost 2 year old 6P. I am so worried about these bootloop issues, I'm convinced if I keep my 6P it's not going to last. Sending the phone back to Huawei is not a good idea, they don't do a good job refurbing phones.
    09-13-2017 09:15 AM
    Google is sending me a Pixel XL to replace my Nexus 6P which could not hold a charge. It is the silver 128 GB version I had a white 128 GB. My phone was purchased the first day the 6P was available so I was very surprised they did this. Have to say I am extremely pleased with Google Customer Service.
    09-13-2017 06:37 PM
    I can confirm this is true. Wifes 6p has been shutting off at 15% that i had a case on about 2 weeks ago with google. Just contacted them again today and they are sending a new pixel xl. Sweet news!
    09-13-2017 06:42 PM
    Awesome! I wonder if they might do that for me. While I will be getting the Pixel 2 XL, I wouldn't mind a Pixel about right now. My Nexus 6P keeps repeatedly shutting off at 15 to even 20% battery life.
    09-13-2017 08:12 PM
    If you got your phone directly from Google you have a good chance. If you got it somewhere else you are SOL.
    09-13-2017 09:20 PM
    My 6p has been in a drawer because or won't keep a charge and constant reboots. It's still under warranty through nexus protect, will Google replace my device with a pixel XL??
    09-13-2017 09:52 PM
    They will replace it, but Nexus protect kind of clouds the issue as there's that whole out of pocket deductable cost with Nexus protect, so it seems that if Nexus protect isn't involved and all you're trying to do is replace a faulty 6P that's out of warranty, the most direct way to get a Pixel XL replacement without cost is not to bring Nexus Protect up unless you really have to. That's basically how I ended up getting my 128GB 6P replaced with a 128GB Pixel XL. Act nice over the phone, state your problem ( mine was a shot battery that was only giving me 1.5 hours of on screen time. ) and ask if you can receive a replacement for your faulty 6P.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    09-14-2017 01:36 AM
    If you got your phone directly from Google you have a good chance. If you got it somewhere else you are SOL.
    Yes, if you bought it from the google store they will help you. If not, prob will not replace it.
    09-14-2017 07:43 AM
    After two attempts with GCS, I have received my email to purchase a pixel XL for free. They will put a hold on my CC until i return my 6P. I have nexus protect and the first time google sent me to Asurion. The girl at Asurion told me they could only offer a refurbished 6P and there was no guarantee of that device not having battery issues later down the line.

Called Google back, explained that to the CS rep who escalated to a level 2 rep and advised me that they would replace my 6P with a new Pixel XL 128 GB. Awesome!!
    09-14-2017 08:42 AM
    Yep Google is replacing my BLOD 6P with a Pixel XL 128GB, I did have nexus protect and purchased through them, was rather seemless. Though I already have my Note 8, so cheers on a better phone to pawn off.
    My exact scenario haha! Cheers!
    09-14-2017 09:59 AM
    I just got off the phone w/ their support. They are going to send me an email soon w/ details on how to get a replacement for mine which is having mic issues again. Will it say in the email I'm getting a Pixel XL or should I expect another 6P??
    09-14-2017 12:55 PM
    I just got off the phone w/ their support. They are going to send me an email soon w/ details on how to get a replacement for mine which is having mic issues again. Will it say in the email I'm getting a Pixel XL or should I expect another 6P??
    I'm still waiting for my email.....
    09-14-2017 01:08 PM
    Yeah they said they're getting calls off the charts today lol. Luckily the woman I spoke to in the Philippines was as nice as can be. I left her a kick *** review and hope she gets a raise..... lol sure
    09-14-2017 01:29 PM
    Could not get through to them today. Anyone have a link to email support?
    09-14-2017 02:21 PM
    Same here, they are sending us a brand new Pixel XL 32gb to replace my wife's 6P. Googs is awesome!
    09-14-2017 03:31 PM
    I got my email today. They are replacing my out of warranty 6P with a Pixel XL 128gig model. They ping your credit card for $929 bucks (full retail + tax which is really silly for that device). It's interesting, in my instructions it tells me to include the original battery and makes note that it does not have to be reinstalled in the device. It also tells you to keep your charger and cables as your replacement device may not include anything. Google also includes a prepaid shipping label for the 6P.
    09-15-2017 05:40 PM
    damn, I had my 6p replaced a few months ago because it got stuck in a boot loop. wish it had happened a bit later so I could've gotten a pixel instead of a refurb 6p 😞
    09-15-2017 06:34 PM
    Even though I still have six (6) weeks remaining on my N6P's Nexus Protection warranty, I contacted Google Support directly when the battery/shutdown issue became more frequent. I explained the situation to the CS rep and after checking my IMEI number against their database, the rep told me that the phone would be replaced. He said "since we have no more N6Ps in stock, Google will send a brand new Pixel XL as the replacement." He processed the "order" and after I authorized the $700 credit hold, the order was completed. The phone is scheduled for a 09/18 delivery. Because the battery issue is a design/manufacturer flaw, Google isn't requiring you contact Nexus Protection for a replacement.

BTW, my nephew requested a replacement N6P in early August and received another N6P. In this case, timing proved to be everything.
    09-17-2017 06:10 AM
    Just went through the same process and successfully requested a pixel xl replacement. I had the battery replaced by a 3rd party mobile store to fix the battery power off at 15% issue about 3 months ago as my phone was out of warranty. Recently the fingerprint scanner stopped working all together so with all the reports of people getting XLs I gave it a try. Here's hoping they still accept the replacement even though technically the warranty was voided when I had the battery replaced
    09-18-2017 06:01 AM
    So, has anyone who has been promised a replacement Pixel for their 6P had their order shipped? I placed my order on September 14, but it still hasn't shipped.
    09-18-2017 08:21 AM
    So, has anyone who has been promised a replacement Pixel for their 6P had their order shipped? I placed my order on September 14, but it still hasn't shipped.
    If you placed your order on the 14th (Thursday) then the only working business day they had to ship was Friday. I doubt they work weekends and today (Monday is only 10am EST).
    09-18-2017 08:27 AM
65 123