In the last day, or two, there's been articles about some owners with bootloop issues and battery issues. They have sent in their 6P and gotten a Pixel XL in return.

I want some of that!

One article clearly states the screen can't be cracked.

What happens when you send in a 6P with cracked screen? They repair the screen? Maybe when they run out of replacement parts they will upgrade phones with cracked screens as well?

Tell me your story.
    09-14-2017 07:32 AM
    My wife is getting a pixel xl sent to her today or tomorrow. Her 6p was shutting down at 15% battery life. One stipulation, that i have heard, is you had to of bought it from the Google store for the extended coverage. Did not hear anything about a cracked screen though.
    09-14-2017 07:46 AM
    I cracked my 6p screen a couple of weeks ago. I do have Nexus Protect, so I went through the online process via Assurant, including the $80 deductible, and my replacement device was a refurbished Nexus 6p. That's fine with me. I'd hate to lose the dual front facing speakers. The battery on the first one they sent me showed only 85% health via accubattery. I called to complain and they didn't make any trouble at all about shipping out another one. The replacement for the replacement checks in at 100% battery health. They made it clear that these ship directly from Google, not from them.
    09-14-2017 01:28 PM
    I had to call support today. It was 70 minutes before someone got to me. They are swamped with calls since those articles.
    09-14-2017 08:06 PM
    My N6P started to act up by shutting down with decent battery remaining. I requested a CS call and they called me within 60 minutes. I explained the problem to them and told them I was still covered by the Nexus Protect extended warranty. They told me that there were no more N6P devices left on the shelf, but they would replace my unit with a brand new Pixel XL. I agreed to take the XL and have already received the shipping tracking number. The XL will be here Monday. I really like the N6P and its dual front speaker, but it was getting too unreliable when the battery got close to the 30% level.
    09-14-2017 08:25 PM