LED Notifications 6P / Android 8

Zer081

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have recently had the Android 8 update applied OTA to my Nexus 6P and now for the life of me, I can't seem to get the notification LED to work.

I have gone into Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Notifications and enabled Blink light, but still nothing seems to show on the LED when the screen is off.

I did briefly install Lightflow to check that the LED is still infact working (it is), but soon uninstalled it as it seemed to be a right pain to get it configured the way I wanted (e.g. for some reason, when Lightflow was installed, I seemed to stop getting any notifications at all!)

It seems too much of a pain to have to install 3rd part software for something that should work as standard.

Any help much appreciated.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I had Light Flow installed prior to the 8.0 OTA. It stopped working immediately after the update but I was getting a blue LED notification whenever I got TMs. I finally found the 'Blink light' setting that you mentioned (they just had to move stuff around, didn't they?) and after enabling it Light Flow started operating like before.

I did look around in the Light Flow settings but didn't fiddle with anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon