So I bought my 6P from Amazon in March 2016 and I am experiencing super fast battery drain and the shut off between 30% - 40% battery left and people on the other end of conversations can barely hear me unless I put them on speakerphone...

I know I don't have any recourse through Google and Amazon is pushing me over to Huawei. However I've heard there are lawsuits out there about this issue, but I'm not sure exactly what I should do.

Has anybody had any luck dealing with Huawei directly and what has been the response?

With the new pixels coming out, I'm just tempted to trade in for the $160 and call it done.

Any thoughts?
    09-28-2017 11:52 AM
    I know you won't get anywhere with Huawei. I had a defective honor 8 that they were making me jump through hoops on. I got do frustrated that I ended up just selling the honor 8 outright with the charging defect took my 160 and bought another device. I doubt you'll get very far with Huawei. You'd stand a better chance just staying on Amazon until they finally do something for you which I believe they will if you call several times a day every day until you get the right person. Amazon is typically pretty good about handling claims when it comes down to it. I'd try that route before Huawei.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-28-2017 12:59 PM
    Miraculously my battery is still decent. I got 4 hours of SOT yesterday and my battery lasted all day without even trying. Usually it's not like that though. I'm going to try taking it to a ubreakifix when I come back to America and see what they can do about it.
    09-28-2017 06:39 PM
    I'm in more or less the same boat, I was hoping you'd say you got somewhere, or someone else here would, hmm... ;-]

I did the Google->Amazon->Hauwei->Google->Hauwei run around (really 4 calls to Google overall, but it's the idea), and got a similar line, and my phone was only about 1 week over 1 year when I talked to them last week.
    My Amazon experience wasn't great, but I honestly didn't expect them to do much, I figured it was out of warranty, done-deal. I wasn't expecting that from the rest though.
    I'm pretty disappointed, in Hauwei partly, but really mostly in the lack of Google owning up here, in my mind it was there phone as much as the Pixel, given that both were out-sourced.

I might do my own battery, and see if it fixes it, I found one on Newegg and it actually looks legit (OEM).

After this, I'm not planning on a Pixel for my next device, I figure the same line will come down next year, if you have a faulty Pixel/Pixel2...
    09-30-2017 04:24 AM
    I'm in more or less the same boat, I was hoping you'd say you got somewhere, or someone else here would, hmm... ;-]

I did the Google->Amazon->Hauwei->Google->Hauwei run around (really 4 calls to Google overall, but it's the idea), and got a similar line, and my phone was only about 1 week over 1 year when I talked to them last week.
    My Amazon experience wasn't great, but I honestly didn't expect them to do much, I figured it was out of warranty, done-deal. I wasn't expecting that from the rest though.
    I'm pretty disappointed, in Hauwei partly, but really mostly in the lack of Google owning up here, in my mind it was there phone as much as the Pixel, given that both were out-sourced.

I might do my own battery, and see if it fixes it, I found one on Newegg and it actually looks legit (OEM).

After this, I'm not planning on a Pixel for my next device, I figure the same line will come down next year, if you have a faulty Pixel/Pixel2...
    Can you post a link to that OEM battery on Newegg? I'd like to buy one for back up one day as I love my new Nexus 6p and I plan on keeping it which is insane for me as I go through tons of phones.
    09-30-2017 11:29 AM
    Or perhaps you should just purchase directly from the Google Store and then it'll be solely their responsibility.
    09-30-2017 01:53 PM
    Or perhaps you should just purchase directly from the Google Store and then it'll be solely their responsibility.
    yes, this. Lesson learned - Google did the right thing be replacing faulty units, with Pixels no less, so this time around I buy directly through Google.

Sounds like the best option at this point is to get the $160 credit through trade in for the Pixel 2 XL.
    09-30-2017 03:22 PM