I have a nexus 6p on latest version of Oreo, not rooted. Yesterday as I was about to plug in to charge, it got stuck on the bootloop screen. It just keeps showing the Google screen and if I hold the power and volume key it takes me to the boot screen (screen where the bugdroid is at)? But then when I select to go into recovery mode, it just keeps looping. I was trying to search online to see how to fix it but I didn't find anything. Can someone advise or point me in the right direction to find a fix? Much appreciated it, thank you.
    10-12-2017 08:42 AM
    You might need to consider reflashing the stock ROM. Not sure why you have a bootloop like that for no reason.
    10-12-2017 10:11 AM
    How do I go about that since I can't go into the recovery screen?
    10-12-2017 10:26 AM
    How do I go about that since I can't go into the recovery screen?
    The bootloader is where ROMs would be flashed. It doesn't look like it, but that screen is where command lines are accepted.
    10-12-2017 02:01 PM
    Did you get your issue fixed? If not let me know and I have a friend I might can call and help get you an answer. Let me know if you need me to make that call.
    10-13-2017 03:10 AM
    Nope, was trying to work on it last night again but nothing.
    10-13-2017 09:35 AM
    Did you get your issue fixed? If not let me know and I have a friend I might can call and help get you an answer. Let me know if you need me to make that call.
    Let me know what you find. Thanks
    10-13-2017 07:08 PM
    Let me know what you find. Thanks
    Let me see if I can reach him for you. I know he can help you but the problem is he's so good at anything tech related that he knows it and can be very unreliable. I'll still try him for you but if you don't hear back from me that means he didn't respond to me. I've actually got something tech related I need from him too so I'll give it a shot. Hope for the best because he definitely can help both of us.
    10-14-2017 02:37 AM
    Same thing happened to me. it's a common issue with this phone. Your motherboard is fried. It's a paper weight now. If you bought it from Google there is a good chance they will replace it with a Pixel XL. if not, you're pretty much screwed.
    10-14-2017 05:29 AM
    10-14-2017 11:04 AM
    if I hold the power and volume key it takes me to the boot screen (screen where the bugdroid is at)? But then when I select to go into recovery mode, it just keeps looping.
    Are you able to boot directly into the Bootloader screen rather than Recovery mode?
    10-14-2017 11:09 AM
    so for kicks and giggles, I just called Google (my phone warranty expired March of this year), who transferred me to Huawei and Huawei said, there's pretty much nothing they can do. They are not even taking in phones to repair even with a fee and there's no 3rd party vendors they can recommend. But the rep did say that Huawei is working on a "solution" so to keep an eye out. But the rep did not know the details of what the company was going to offer people. Also, he didn't know a timeframe but he said "possibly in the next 3 weeks or so". So that's the deal with that and to the post above, I believe I can boot into the bootloader screen- the screen where you have the option to select reboot bootloader, start, barcodes, recovery mode, power off.
    10-14-2017 11:51 AM
    to the post above, I believe I can boot into the bootloader screen- the screen where you have the option to select reboot bootloader, start, barcodes, recovery mode, power off.
    Yep, that's the Bootloader.
    Per post #4 above, that's where you should be able to reflash the firmware. It would be worth giving it a shot.
    10-14-2017 05:11 PM
    I did try to reflash by following these instructions but no go. https://www.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p-bootloop-fix/
    10-14-2017 08:39 PM
    You're saying that you were able to successfully flash the modified image but the bootloop issue still occurred? Or you were unable to even flash the requisite file(s)?

Edit: did you read through the comments in that XDA post? Someone mentioned heating the phone with a blow dryer to at least be able to login and save their data. (I can only surmise that this forces the big cores off so that the device will at least boot.)
    10-15-2017 01:24 AM
    You're saying that you were able to successfully flash the modified image but the bootloop issue still occurred? Or you were unable to even flash the requisite file(s)?

Edit: did you read through the comments in that XDA post? Someone mentioned heating the phone with a blow dryer to at least be able to login and save their data. (I can only surmise that this forces the big cores off so that the device will at least boot.)
    I was not able to flash the image. I didn't heat the phone with a blowdryer as others have mentioned, I don't think that's such a good idea, imo.
    10-15-2017 04:01 PM
    What kind of error did you get when you tried to flash the image? Is your Bootloader already unlocked?

The whole point of heating the phone is that the firmware automatically disables the high power cores when the device temperature starts to rise, which in this case (temporarily) has the same effect as the modified firmware. It's not like you need to cook it or anything.
    10-15-2017 04:48 PM
    What kind of error did you get when you tried to flash the image? Is your Bootloader already unlocked?

The whole point of heating the phone is that the firmware automatically disables the high power cores when the device temperature starts to rise, which in this case (temporarily) has the same effect as the modified firmware. It's not like you need to cook it or anything.
    My bootloader is locked. When entering the commands in the command prompt window nothing happens it'll say in red something like 'command invalid' or cannot be accepted, I don't remember the exact wording, so I must be doing something wrong.
    10-15-2017 08:42 PM
    Depends on the commands you're using.
    If I'm not mistaken if you have 7.x or 8.x on your device then you need the latest version of the ADB and Fastboot tools on your computer in order to get things to work correctly. I posted a link to the developer tools page that you can download them from; I just have to find the topic that I posted that in.
    Once you have the correct tools you should be able to unlock the Bootloader (that'll wipe your device) and flash the image.

See https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh....php?p=6004397
    10-16-2017 12:07 AM
    Depends on the commands you're using.
    If I'm not mistaken if you have 7.x or 8.x on your device then you need the latest version of the ADB and Fastboot tools on your computer in order to get things to work correctly. I posted a link to the developer tools page that you can download them from; I just have to find the topic that I posted that in.
    Once you have the correct tools you should be able to unlock the Bootloader (that'll wipe your device) and flash the image.

See https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh....php?p=6004397
    Thanks I will check that out.
    10-16-2017 12:25 AM