android 8.0 update to nexus 6p

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

akuki

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
This 6P is on T-Mobile. 8.0 OTA came Tuesday evening. I hadn't received any security or OS updates since Dec 2016. After several phone calls to Google and T-Mobile, I learned if your device was purchased somewhere other than Google (this one's Best Buy), your mobile service company is responsible for pushing updates. Several T-Mo tech support reps didn't know this. One finally said its scheduled for Nov, then another said Dec. I hope I feel more confident attempting a sideload if this ever happens again.

eckster

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
That can't be correct. I purchased my 6P from Google and used it on Verizon. I changed to T-Mobile back in April. I received security updates until August. Then no security updates or OREO until this past Tuesday. I think it has something to do with T-Mobile. Why would everyone on T-mobile have the same issue of no security updates or OREO until this week? All of a sudden Google decided to push it through? I think not. This cannot be a coincidence.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
My 6P was purchased from Project Fi and I was stuck on the August update as well. My brother and niece bought theirs from Google and are on T-Mobile; their update status has been identical to mine.

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Finally got my OTA to Oreo last week as well. Hopefully the crashing stops. So far it's been okay but we will see..

HomerJSimpson

Nov 8, 2017
Visit site
I just got Oreo on my Google Project fi 6P last week. Quick battery drain but I associated it with not being able to connect to the wifi at work (which wasn't a problem before the update). When I turn off wifi the drain comes to a stop, unless, I'm using the phone, such as reading the news, it seems to drain faster than it did on Nougat.

I rarely let my battery get low but I did experience my phone shutting down at 15% battery life a few days ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome