Ok ,So I`m Due An Upgrade....

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
...anyone recently upgraded to a new phone similar to my 6P? I`m in no hurry at all to take my due upgrade but as its being paid for ,I might as well have it. I`m NOT replacing my 6P(no way!)but would like a phone as similar as possible to what I have,anything which might improve on my 6P. I know its quite a tall order to best this phone but all replies would be gratefully received,thanks,David

nomzamo999

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
...anyone recently upgraded to a new phone similar to my 6P? I`m in no hurry at all to take my due upgrade but as its being paid for ,I might as well have it. I`m NOT replacing my 6P(no way!)but would like a phone as similar as possible to what I have,anything which might improve on my 6P. I know its quite a tall order to best this phone but all replies would be gratefully received,thanks,David
Pixel 2XL is probably the closest. Maybe a Huawei Mate 10 pro, but that only has a 1080p screen.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I 'upgraded' to an LG V20 (although one of my daughters is using it ATM) - it's a nice inexpensive upgrade from the 6P.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the prompt replies.. I've narrowed my choice to 2 phones, the pixel 2xl or a Samsung note 8. Ideally it's the pixel but the few screen issues are, for the moment, putting me off. I'll give it a fews days thought before I decide, thanks again, David 👍🏻

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Don't let the screen issues put you off; they've been blown out of proportions IMO

Every time I've read re one of these 'screen issues' people have been looking at the screen from such stupid angles that any other angle it's not noticeable!

If I were to replace the N6P for as best as I could; I wouldn't be going for a Samsung, going backwards on the OS with no clear idea of when it'll be updated to Oreo (and how far it'll be updated from there) and then there's the Samsung bloatware on top of that (it may be lighter than it used to be, but it's still there)!

It can only really be the Pixel XL2; Vanilla Android and a superb handset to boot!

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Very fair comment.. I'm going have a looky at them both tomorrow, the only thing giving me 2nd thoughts is the screen, if it's OK then I'll be sold👍🏻

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Very fair comment.. I'm going have a looky at them both tomorrow, the only thing giving me 2nd thoughts is the screen, if it's OK then I'll be sold????????????

Like I said; there are a lot of reports out now that he screen issue is simply being blown out of proportion :)

Deffo have a look; but IMO, you can't do a better like for like really...

Re your name; Integra DC2 by any chance?! UK or elsewhere based?

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Like I said; there are a lot of reports out now that he screen issue is simply being blown out of proportion :)

Deffo have a look; but IMO, you can't do a better like for like really...

Re your name; Integra DC2 by any chance?! UK or elsewhere based?
DC5 Integra yep, UK based20120902_120631.jpg

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I've made my mind up and ordered the 2xl from EE (tmobile UK) I've been very happy with my 1st Google phone so I went for the Pixel.... Not available til mid November tho😕... Thanks Dan 👍

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I've ordered a 2XL, it's due to ship on the 26th. There is much crying and rending of garments over the display but I just took a look at one at Best Buy and it's fine. The 2Xl is physically a little smaller than the 6P but the display is noticeably bigger. I compared the speakers to the 6P and they seemed to about the same, the lack of front facing stereo speakers on last years Pixel was a deal killer but Google came to their senses and brought them back on the Pixel2. I don't think there is any option other than a 2XL, I seriously doubt that the battery on my 6P will last until the Pixel 3 comes out. My 6P was replaced under the extended warranty last summer because of the battery but the warranty expires soon so that won't be a possibility when the battery dies again next year. Non Pixel phones are not an option, I don't want Verizon in the loop for my OS updates and I absolutely don't want the crap that everybody layers on top of Android, in particular I don't want Samsung's junk.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have an XL 2 coming from a 6P. It's a great phone. Battery life is stellar. The screen issues are overblown. If your coming from a 6P, you'll love this phone.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again everyone, have got a date of 15th of November for delivery, really looking forward to this, even though my 6P has for me been almost perfect!

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I've made my mind up and ordered the 2xl from EE (tmobile UK) I've been very happy with my 1st Google phone so I went for the Pixel.... Not available til mid November tho??????... Thanks Dan ??????

Good to hear!

I've cooled down on the idea of getting one as my N6P is literally as new and with a full 2 years warranty. But still, I'll have a good sniff around one when they're out in the CPW stores... Won't be able to help myself ;)

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear!

I've cooled down on the idea of getting one as my N6P is literally as new and with a full 2 years warranty. But still, I'll have a good sniff around one when they're out in the CPW stores... Won't be able to help myself ;)
Mine is as good as the day I got it but I'm due the upgrade so decided to take the plunge. In all fairness, I'll probably use my 6P as my daily driver and the 2XL as my "weekender"... Slight rise in monthly payment by £4 GBP, about $5. The 2XL will have to go a long way to better my 6P.. Time will tell🤔

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Very nice.

Miss mine, I had 3 (wrote first one off as I spun on ice doing 20mph haha)

My last one had a JRSC and looked completely OEM, such a great car.

Have a BMW E39 530i and an E60 M5 now

Could never go back to a manual car now!
I'm lucky that my Teg is my weekend car, had it 12 years and only done 43k miles... Still love it, a real drivers car... Having said that I wouldn't say no to the new Civic Type R!

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm lucky that my Teg is my weekend car, had it 12 years and only done 43k miles... Still love it, a real drivers car... Having said that I wouldn't say no to the new Civic Type R!

Yeah, my DC5s (DC2s and EK9s before that) were always weekend cars. Always had something like an MG ZT V6 or ATRs as my commuting cars.

But since setting up my own business and working from home, I got suckled into BMWs and have never looked back haha...

DJ Sandman

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
LG V20. Same size as the 6p minus the AMOLED display. Removable battery and stellar HD recording are the perks. Decent display and camera. With the battery drain on the 6p and phones before it, I will never buy a nonremovable battery phone again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463