My 3 week old replacement/as new N6P keeps making sounds and vibrating as if there's a notification (sms/email/call etc) when there isn't

Fully backed it up, reset it and ran it with only the OEM apps on and it's still doing it

Just tried to speak to Google but they're having tech issues with their systems, so they'll get back to me in a few hours once their sorted

Sounds like I'll have to get another replacement :-
    10-21-2017 07:30 AM
    Depending on your insurance, the new device may be a referb and this could be the glitch that got it into their hands. So when they're getting back to you be sure to mention that this is a replacement, and just ask for another device.
    10-21-2017 07:45 AM
    Depending on your insurance, the new device may be a referb and this could be the glitch that got it into their hands. So when they're getting back to you be sure to mention that this is a replacement, and just ask for another device.
    Thanks; that's what I'll be doing

Will report back as soon as I know more
    10-21-2017 09:00 AM
    Are you using Oreo? I will have the same thing happen occasionally. From what I can see it is a notification usually about the current weather that seems to set it off. And it's not a warning, just could be a change in the condition. I haven't tracked it but that's my hunch.
    10-21-2017 09:25 AM
    Also, do you have NFC enabled?

You could create a widget for the notification log and see if those unknown notifications are listed in there. Not sure about Oreo, but these steps worked until Nougat. Long press an empty spot - widgets - scroll down until 'settings' and drag it to the screen - select 'notification log' from that list.
    GSDer likes this.
    10-21-2017 09:32 AM
    Also, do you have NFC enabled?

You could create a widget for the notification log and see if those unknown notifications are listed in there. Not sure about Oreo, but these steps worked until Nougat. Long press an empty spot - widgets - scroll down until 'settings' and drag it to the screen - select 'notification log' from that list.
    Ah; never knew about that, but good call. Thanks

Will do that and see what it comes back with!
    10-21-2017 09:50 AM
    @Javier P

I think your suggestion has sorted it!

It seems that the weather widget I have was sending out constant notifications for the bad weather we're having here in the UK currently.

I've muted those and there haven't been any random vibrations/notifications since!

Thank you
    Javier P likes this.
    10-21-2017 09:59 AM
    @Javier P

I think your suggestion has sorted it!

It seems that the weather widget I have was sending out constant notifications for the bad weather we're having here in the UK currently.

I've muted those and there haven't been any random vibrations/notifications since!

Thank you
    Glad you managed to find the culprit! Are those steps working on Oreo?
    10-21-2017 11:03 AM
    Glad you managed to find the culprit! Are those steps working on Oreo?
    Yes they are

Much appreciated
    Javier P likes this.
    10-21-2017 11:21 AM