Buying 6p now

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Seeing all these horror stories on the 6p, I'm thinking of buying one..... Bad idea? Owner says he's had no battery issues but I'm still leary. Still worth it at $180 or not for a 32gb 6p?

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
The battery issues (shutting down at 50%) on ours didn't show up until nearly 2 yrs old,-- not much intensive battery usage so it probably took longer for the battery to suffer. We are replacing the battery, but that's a crap shoot since no true oems (no temp sensors) seem to be available despite ads staying OEM. It's a great device except for the battery issue. In seeking a replacement, we decided nothing came close in the under $500. price range. As long as you understand that the battery issue may arise, that's a decent price.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
No! Aside from the battery issues you might get the bootlop of death. I recently got on a few months ago at a great price but now it's a paperweight. The bootloop got me with no fix in sight.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
We also purchased from eBay but won't arrive until Sat so nothing to recommend yet.
Ours didn't arrive until the following Monday. The tools that came with it weren't just ineffective, they crumbled into sediment getting all over everything. The battery works. The phone can, once again, go all day and no shutdowns. The battery we bought (portableparts) has no heat sensor nor will it fast charge. But, everything else on the phone works.

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Just got one for the missus. Paid £110 for 32gb handset on EE. It was tested and comes with 12 month warranty.

So far so good. Upgrading everything first to 8.1 then did some tests on battery before resetting again and loading all the apps she needs. Its doing about 4 hours ish SOT with everything set to push location on etc which I am ok with.

My only gripe was the shutter speed lagged a bit but loaded the pixel camera app and that is much quicker.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon