I am currently using a NEXUS 6P and listen to podcasts and audiobooks 8 hours a day, at work. My current headphones (Symphonized NRG 3.0 Earbuds) along with the previous 2 sets (from different manufacturers) intermittently would pause playback and the 3-button remotes on the headphones wouldn't work. A little while later, they'd work again.

Repeat ad nauseam.

Recently I decided maybe the issue wasn't hardware based and looked into the software side of things, as the problem seems to be getting worse and worse.

I discovered by enabling the "headset/headphones" icon along the top bar that the headphones are switching between headset and headphones - which is causing the pause in playback.

Fiddling with Audible's settings, i had it so that audio would play even during an interruption - and sure enough, the book would keep playing during these weird pauses, and then when the phone would re-detect the "headset" as "headphones" it would kick the audio back over into the earbuds.

No matter what apps i've tried or settings i've adjusted, cleaning both the headphone jack and the port, using dongles or other headpones, the problem persists. I rest the phone, used new apps - it still happens.

Ideas?
    06-27-2018 03:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The Symphonized website specifically states that the earphones are "made for iPhones" (although they do say they'll work for Android as well). In general, when earphones say they're "Made for iPhone," there tends to be more chance that they'll act oddly on an Android device, since there may be subtle differences in the iPhone's headphone jack compared with the Android phone's jack. Are the other earphones you're trying also "Made for iPhone"?
    06-28-2018 01:23 PM