6p Unresponsive and Dead =(

goadamn

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
Not sure what else to do so I figured I'll leave a message here in case anyone had other ideas...

I've had my 6P for about 2.5 years. While my battery has definitely always had a problem, it never got bad enough to do a warranty claim on. I typically go to sleep with at, or near, 90% and wake up to it around 50%. Charge it and bump charge it throughout the day.

This morning, I woke up and it was at 54%. Started charging it, it was about 90 or 91% when I decided I wanted to put some new music on it. Unplugged from OEM wall charger and plugged into my computer. It showed it was charging but wouldn't give me the option of File Transfer. I tried reseating the cable a few times, never gave the option for File Transfer, so I rebooted the phone.

It turned off and that was that. Hasn't turned on since. Tried chat support with both Google and Huawei. Neither can help. Huawei says they only repair batteries now, so if it is the screen, they won't fix. They want $190 for the battery repair and to mail it to them.

The new Pixel drops in October, so if I'm buying a new phone, I'd like to wait until then or to maybe switch to iPhone. I have always had Android though, and listen to FLACs and watch MKVs, so I fear Apple might be harder for my preferred usage.

I dunno. Maybe someone else knows a trick. I miss having a reset button and the ability to remove the battery. Those options were great with resolving these types of phone issues. I feel I'm kinda out of luck on this one though. Just needed to vent... =(

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
My phone sometimes does that, just goes black. The only way I can get it to turn back on is to plug it into a charger, wait for the battery animation, and then hold the power button to reboot.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I just had a battery replaced in my 8.4" Samsung Tab Pro tablet at uBreakiFix. Cost $40; they used a Samsung battery & not an off brand. It cost $40

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Did you ever get your phone to turn back on? Mine has gone black at least 4 times today. I'm about ready to smash it into the concrete! I can't figure out what's causing it. I did uninstall some apps that I no longer use and could be offenders. I may even resort to wiping it, but I'm seriously considering just getting a new phone. I just wish the Pixels had an affordable version. I'm not willing to pay $700+ for a phone. I may just have to move over to Motorola.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I just wish the Pixels had an affordable version. I'm not willing to pay $700+ for a phone. I may just have to move over to Motorola.
OnePlus 6 (or 6T if you don't mind the missing headphone jack) is a flagship competitor for a lot less, as long as you're not on Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37