Spots on Camera Lens?

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed on my photos, and especially on video, I have some spots that may be on my camera lens. They are stationary, grey, and have some transparency. This just started a couple of weeks ago. It started with the two spots on the left, and now there is a larger one on the right.

Do you think I just need to replace the camera glass? Or is something else going on with my camera?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cfgTMq7FTgK1haM6A

Sorry for the link, but AC won't let me upload a picture :-\

Last edited:

goadamn

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Mine does this the majority of the time if I'm using the flash. Does yours do it with the flash off, on, or both?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If the spots are always on the same place and taking a picture in landscape still has the spots there, it's likely a lens defect. You can try cleaning it but if that doesn't do it, then the defect or smudge might be inside the lens

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
The spots happen in portrait, landscape, flash on, flash off, and with video. I have no idea what happened. They just showed up about a month ago.

jandroid67

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Whoa! How did you replace the camera for 10 bucks? Didn't you have to take the phone apart? I have spots on my camera also- I'm sure it's dust caught between the glass elements... within the phone body... but I figure I have to pull it all apart to clean it?

I just replaced the back camera for $10 and I'm up and running again with good photos!

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you have to take the phone totally apart, which is no easy task, but I did it before when I replaced the battery. And no, it was not an issue of dust on the camera lens. Something just went bad with the camera. I purchased a replacement camera off of ebay and followed this video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aZ9uzN9k-g

Whoa! How did you replace the camera for 10 bucks? Didn't you have to take the phone apart? I have spots on my camera also- I'm sure it's dust caught between the glass elements... within the phone body... but I figure I have to pull it all apart to clean it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey