I just noticed on my photos, and especially on video, I have some spots that may be on my camera lens. They are stationary, grey, and have some transparency. This just started a couple of weeks ago. It started with the two spots on the left, and now there is a larger one on the right.

Do you think I just need to replace the camera glass? Or is something else going on with my camera?
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/cfgTMq7FTgK1haM6A

Sorry for the link, but AC won't let me upload a picture
    09-18-2018 09:48 PM
    Mine does this the majority of the time if I'm using the flash. Does yours do it with the flash off, on, or both?
    09-18-2018 10:01 PM
    If the spots are always on the same place and taking a picture in landscape still has the spots there, it's likely a lens defect. You can try cleaning it but if that doesn't do it, then the defect or smudge might be inside the lens
    09-18-2018 10:07 PM
    The spots happen in portrait, landscape, flash on, flash off, and with video. I have no idea what happened. They just showed up about a month ago.
    09-22-2018 07:17 PM
    I just replaced the back camera for $10 and I'm up and running again with good photos!
    GSDer likes this.
    12-28-2018 07:13 PM
    Whoa! How did you replace the camera for 10 bucks? Didn't you have to take the phone apart? I have spots on my camera also- I'm sure it's dust caught between the glass elements... within the phone body... but I figure I have to pull it all apart to clean it?

I just replaced the back camera for $10 and I'm up and running again with good photos!
    01-10-2019 01:14 PM
    Yes, you have to take the phone totally apart, which is no easy task, but I did it before when I replaced the battery. And no, it was not an issue of dust on the camera lens. Something just went bad with the camera. I purchased a replacement camera off of ebay and followed this video tutorial:

Whoa! How did you replace the camera for 10 bucks? Didn't you have to take the phone apart? I have spots on my camera also- I'm sure it's dust caught between the glass elements... within the phone body... but I figure I have to pull it all apart to clean it?
    01-13-2019 08:33 PM
    Possibly mould on the lens..
    01-13-2019 10:21 PM