what was the latest version Google pushed to 6P? Was it 7 or 8?

Thanks!
    10-14-2018 07:32 PM
    The 6p got Oreo but not Pie. It is still receiving security updates though, I have the October one on my 6P.

By the way, you can always look here for this info - https://developers.google.com/android/ota
    10-14-2018 07:45 PM
    The 6p got Oreo but not Pie. It is still receiving security updates though, I have the October one on my 6P.

By the way, you can always look here for this info - https://developers.google.com/android/ota
    Thanks! I knew Pie is out of the question
    10-15-2018 05:32 AM
    I knew Pie is out of the question
    I'm pretty sure you could find a 3rd party ROM based on Android 9 that you could load if you were interested (Lineage?).
    10-16-2018 02:22 AM
    Alot of folks on Pie are actually saying they thought Oreo was better.... not alot of love for Pie from what I'm reading. I'm on Pie myself, but I never had a chance to use Oreo because my pixel upgraded directly to Pie out of the box. Fortunately I have the option to use the traditional nav buttons, the biggest complaint about Pie is from the folks who bought a pixel 3 and are forced to use the gestures, no options to turn them off like in the pixel 1 and 2.

Battery life also seems to be worse for many folks on Pie, and memory management is causing issues as well. I can say Pie on my pixel 1 has been great so far though.....a huge step up from Nougat ;-) I would have liked to try Oreo though, heard lots of good things about it :-)

On a side note, it seems like Google's been updating the 6P and 5X since the dawn of time.....2 or 3 times as long as any other phone I've ever heard of except iPhones. Why have they supported them so long? Just curious.
    11-10-2018 05:15 AM

On a side note, it seems like Google's been updating the 6P and 5X since the dawn of time.....2 or 3 times as long as any other phone I've ever heard of except iPhones. Why have they supported them so long? Just curious.
    I had a Nexus 6 that was getting security patches until late 2017. Google committed to long term update support (2 years OS, 3 years security) with the Nexus line and has continued that support with the Pixel phones.
    11-13-2018 12:38 AM