Hi

I bought a 6p from eBay that was defective, so I got it cheap. No recovery for factory reset, bootlooping at Google logo, no USB debugging or oem unlock enabled.

I can execute fastboot commands, but nothing works it keeps saying 'device locked cannot proceed' or something like that. Also it is recognized as an Nexus 4 in windows device manager but the Google adb driver can't be completely installed (can't access os) ๐Ÿ˜ฅ help .
    03-05-2019 06:21 AM
    Just to be clear, you can't access either Recovery mode or the Bootloader when booting using the key combinations? If you can't access either of those modes then your search is over - you did indeed purchase a defective unit and nothing is going to bring it back.
    You can use it for parts for some other repair.
    03-05-2019 11:49 PM
    I did manage to sideload latest ota but for some reason that didn't fix the bootloop! and recovery is still accessible 50% of the time. how could it still remain with the exact same symptoms... idk.
    03-06-2019 06:57 PM
    recovery is still accessible 50% of the time.
    If you can't access the Bootloader and Recovery 100% of the time then either the flash or DRAM (where the OS loads) is corrupted or defective. If you had a hardware loader (that talks directly to the flash part) you could write a complete image to the flash and if it was successful then you'd have a shot at finding out what's wrong, but since I'm sure you don't you're unlikely to make any progress.
    Unless you can unlock the Bootloader to flash a full image you're wasting your time.
    03-07-2019 10:47 AM
    I just realised it doesn't complete the sideload failing at about 94% with the 'failed to read command: No error' that could explain it not booting (I hope ๐Ÿ™). shows as 'Lemobile device' in device manager. I'm sure I'd have better luck if I manage to complete the ota. thanks again
    03-11-2019 11:28 AM