Huawei 6P owners...we getting paid!

St0rmykev

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Happy to see this (Hopefully) going forward. I had mine boot-loop 2 months after having it for a full year. Literally the only smartphone I have at home that doesn't function. Even if I end up getting the settlement money they are referring to in the article, this is the first and last Google/Huawei smartphone I will ever own. I have moved on to the One Plus 6T and am very happy with that decision. Loved the 6P when it worked and google's camera work is amazing, but after all this, I simply can't trust their company's Quality Control.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I saw the same article yesterday. I didn't have the bootloop issues, but did (and still do) have the battery issues. I still have my 6P and will be moving on to the One Plus 6T very soon.

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I was pretty lucky that my 6p was still functioning up to March 6th when I retired it for a Nokia 9. Had it since November 2nd 2015. The battery was not lasting long but no boot looping yet.

St0rmykev

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Got my $325 check in the mail today. Happy that the disaster that was my Nexus 6P ends on a good note. If you requested Pay Pal for your payment, you might want to check your mail. I had requested mine to be put into my pay pal account, but it looks like that if you're getting over a certain amount, they are giving you a check regardless.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Just got my $325. Surprised because even though my 6P went into the bootloop 3 years ago, my documentation was weak. I had deleted any communication with Hauwei after I got my replacement phone. I'll be sure to save anything similar going forward just in case.

IAmTTim

Dec 26, 2008
smirkandsmile.blogspot.com
Well, I'm very happy. I got the full $400 which paid for my new phone. Last year when they announced the settlement I immediately contacted Google Fi and they were able to provide me the full transcript of the chat log of the issues that I had with the 6P. I had all of the reported issues that everyone had with that thing and I was very happy to see that check arrive.