Device descriptor failed after USB board change

John the Revelator

Jul 19, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

I had a secondhand Nexus 6P that I bought, and it had a microphone issue (but was working perfectly fine otherwise, connectivity via USB was perfect, phone reception was perfect).

I had bought a new USB/microphone board and had a shop switch the two. The microphone issue is now no longer a thing, but it doesn't charge properly anymore (hardly draws any power from a computer USB port), and is no longer recognised by any computer (shows device descriptor failed in Windows 10, and error 43 in Windows 7). I did have it rooted before I switched the boards to see if I could resolve the microphone issue without a hardware change.

I do notice that my default.prop says "persist.sys.usb.config=none" and no matter how often I change it, after a reboot it reverts to that. Adding the correct line (=mtp,adb) to the build.prop stays, but doesn't change the issue.

I first thought it was just a bad board, but a second board that I replaced myself has the exact same issue.

Am I missing something? Is there a setting in the OS that I need to change for it to detect a new USB/microphone board?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, but the shop has to be notified that they evidently damaged the phone in some way and they're responsible for diagnosing and fixing what they did wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463