Magic cover or cases?

gdubs2013

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen anything about when the Magic Cover will be available? I have seen some decent alternatives on Amazon but I would like the offical cover since it looks the best. Just don't like having such a nice expensive toy unprotected if I can avoid it.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I like the look and function of the google magic case, but it seems like it offers no edge protection at all - only screen protection. ONe of the most common causes of the screen cracking would be a drop on the edge. This might be the deal breaker for me unless someone can chime in otherwise here.

anon(5564484)

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered this cover from Amazon. I had the same cover on my 2012 Nexus 7 and it was perfect. Had no issues with it for two years. Figured it'll be great for my Nexus 9. With regular shipping cost $18.45
IVSO Google Nexus 9 & HTC Nexus 9 8.9-inch Slim-fit Stand Folio PU Leather Cover Case with Multi-Angle View- Will only fit Google Nexus 9 8.9-inch Tab

anon(5564484)

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered this cover from Amazon. I had the same cover on my 2012 Nexus 7 and it was perfect. Had no issues with it for two years. Figured it'll be great for my Nexus 9. With regular shipping cost $18.45
IVSO Google Nexus 9 & HTC Nexus 9 8.9-inch Slim-fit Stand Folio PU Leather Cover Case with Multi-Angle View- Will only fit Google Nexus 9 8.9-inch Tab

In case you decide to check this out, just want to give a heads up on my order.....I just received my order confirmation and this item isn't going to arrive for at least three weeks (proejcted delivery 12/16/14 - 1/5/15).

mitechie

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm really bummed the keyboard folio case hasn't started shipping out yet. I really want to try that out as I like to work on docs and such from coffee shops and while traveling on the tablet and just keep waiting.

noodle485

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I also bought the HotCool case a week ago. I've had it since Monday and I must say it is great! Fits great and feels secure. The magnetic auto on off when I open or close is cool. I actually really like it and it was only 4.99 when I preordered it a while ago. I just wish I could have got a different color but I wanted a case asap for my nexus.

Posted via Android Central App

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I also bought the HotCool case a week ago. I've had it since Monday and I must say it is great! Fits great and feels secure. The magnetic auto on off when I open or close is cool. I actually really like it and it was only 4.99 when I preordered it a while ago. I just wish I could have got a different color but I wanted a case asap for my nexus.

Posted via Android Central App
I wanted a different color too but for the price I'll get another one later. Good to hear that you like it.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Here are some pictures of the case. The N9 fits well and the auto wake and sleep work great.

981e13fda2eb3f007126796e085cead3.jpg

636fc1e1adc5a95e1f195d473a38e23b.jpg

19ba2afd665ecfa9deb1bec661bcb841.jpg

d5c30c726e3c263c6eac0b91c1d0a5ce.jpg

35bbc15660ccd0f43e00a71a3036951b.jpg

4e577e18102618d24308548781bbacfb.jpg

506a93412b572e16d4d6e412672ad5cd.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I had ordered the IVSO case before returning the N9... Case was great for the price ($10.95)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got this case. Seems to fit well and the stand works fine. I don't see much difference between this and the Moko case, though. I believe the Moko was less expensive. http://www.amazon.com/Google-Nexus-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4107866

After comparing both for a few days, I think I like the Moko better. There is a magnet in the cover that holds the cover firmly in place when you prop it up to watch videos. The Poetic doesn't have that magnet, so the stand isn't nearly as firm. The Moko is only available in black, whereas the Poetic is available in a variety of covers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4107866

Last edited:

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I just got this case. Seems to fit well and the stand works fine. I don't see much difference between this and the Moko case, though. I believe the Moko was less expensive. Robot Check

After comparing both for a few days, I think I like the Moko better. There is a magnet in the cover that holds the cover firmly in place when you prop it up to watch videos. The Poetic doesn't have that magnet, so the stand isn't nearly as firm. The Moko is only available in black, whereas the Poetic is available in a variety of covers.

Robot Check

I have the Moko as well and really like it.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been worried about fitted cases like the VISIO or MOKO slim fit because of the backing on the N9. I had mine in a MOKO slim fit for a week, I ordered the HTC magic cover because I like holding the tablet without a case when using it and the kickstand/screen cover is all I really wanted.

Anyway I notice now a paste sticking sound when I press on the back cover on level with the volume rocker one a line of sight down from the camera. Made me wonder if these slim fit tight cases don't cause some issues perhaps coupled with the running hot issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
My final word on cases/covers ... I have three, the the IVSO, MOKO and official magic cover. Its a personal preference but here's my take:

MOKO -- gatefold case that the N9 slides into. Good protection, nice form, but bulky and eliminates my ability to one hand the tablet if I need to. Also covers the back, and personally I like the build of the N9 and the smooth back. Nothing feels more natural than holding the bare tablet IMHO.

IVSO -- slim fit case that appears just a little too tight IMHO ... Its more the "common" case you see out there like on Sammy devices, but it genericizes the tablet and eliminates any uniqueness and form making it just another white tablet. There's also no propping/stand capabilities and after a week I noticed the edges of the tablet got a bit of wear so be careful.

Magic Cover -- its not a case, its a cover, an overpriced cover too ... Its heavy, adds a bit of weight when attached, and not something that adds any protection other than to cover the screen. It does provide a stand and propping capabilities but what I like, and again my opinion as I'm more aesthetic than function, it makes the tablet unique and feel less generic.

Overall I like the magic cover...I would've liked a hybrid between what Asus had for the original N7 as the official case and the magic cover, but you know I give HTC credit for going different and while not hitting the mark completely it was a honest effort and while overpriced its my daily use cover.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
So are there other magic covers out there that are cheaper than the $39 Google wants for theirs?

Posted via Nexus 6

I haven't seen an imitators yet. But if you keep an eye on the HTC site they seem to have a half off accessories sale about once a month.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Word of advice, get a color magic cover, the charcoal version is too difficult to discern which side is the felt vs which side is the outer cover.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I was debating on a screen protector but didn't have one on my Asus. I just got the N9 for 40% off deal Wed morning it came. Magic cover didn't get good reviews but I wanted a case and this time I wanted a smart shell not a folio to cover the whole edges of the tablet. I ordered this and it wont be here for a week so I need something else to hold me over. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4808409
I'd like one that does all angles and will work in Portrait but it has to come in other colors besides black. LOL!

I had gotten this case but.... The screen protector is a no no for me. I've realized it's much clearer without the screen protector and I need a stand for it for my keyboard. Anybody have anything close to this color?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O3KBON...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4808409

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a "used like new" Magic Case on Amazon yesterday. Including tax and shipping the total came to $15.41. I figured it's worth taking a chance for that price. It should be here on Tuesday. I did get a Moko case but as I don't travel much for my job lately I figured the Magic Case will do fine for now and the Moko will still be there if I need it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome