HTC Keyboard Folio

AFPoster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Just arrived this morning. Initial thoughts are it's very nice, definitely protects the tablet and has a sleek form factor that makes me feel like I'm carrying a secure book. The keys strike well, and since I'm used to Apples little keyboard it's been working well for me and my typing. I wouldn't attempt a 10 page article on this, but for the 1-2 pagers I write and work with my developers it'll definitely save me time.

Downsides - the charging connector inside the Folio doesn't charge the tablet as well through wireless charging which Android devices were leveraging last year as an advantage of Apple. I also hate the $129 price tag, that definitely hurts, but I need a keyboard while I'm on the go.

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your thoughts. I'm looking forward to getting mine. Sadly I ordered from Amazon and am still waiting on it to ship, it's all good though, I love this tablet!

Posted via the Android Central App

AFPoster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
No problem! I ordered mine on Amazon first, took 3 days before I cancelled it since Google Play could ship in 1-2 days, got it on the 2nd day for the same price.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Got the folio keyboard and I really like it. Keys have that perfect springy feel and it definitely feels high quality. Only complaint I have is the way it closes on the n9. The magnets aren't that strong so you have to be careful how you pick it up. Aside from that, worth the investment.

J

AFPoster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Good points, would agree. I've actually loved the small size, typing over 130+ words a minute at this rate. Just wrote a 2 page article for a company and responded to 70+ emails. Life is a breeze on this thing. I have been stuck on Apple for wayyyyyy too long.

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Apparently Amazon has the keyboard folio at $88 if you are willing to wait, it's backordered. At that price, I'm buying!

Edited: Darn it, should've pulled the trigger yesterday, price is back up, ugh. May bear watching, in case it drops again.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

AFPoster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought another one at this price. Stocking stuffer for sure.

Apparently Amazon has the keyboard folio at $88 if you are willing to wait, it's backordered. At that price, I'm buying!

Edited: Darn it, should've pulled the trigger yesterday, price is back up, ugh. May bear watching, in case it drops again.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I like it but maybe I'm doing something wrong, when I wrap the keyboard around back I can't tablet type. Maybe it's a setting I'm missing.

Definitely better to type with though, couldn't believe how fast I got used to a smaller keyboard.

Posted via Android Central App

NeilWhitear

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have just taken delivery of my keyboard and I have very mixed feelings.

The quality of the keyboard is fantastic and the overbuild quality is good apart from the magnets not being very strong and I have to be careful not to let the tab fall out of the cover when carrying.

My main grip is the lack of option to power off the keyboard as when not using it and it is close by I have to turn off bluetooth on the tab.

Also it does not save the pairing and I have to re-establish a new paring each time I use, admittedly easy with NFC but then Lollipop keeps popping up the message asking if I want to add the keyboard as a trusted device.

These two things make for a mixed and sometimes frustrating experience.

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
When you charge the keyboard, do you get a notification light that says its charging? Mine doesn't light up at all.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
When you charge the keyboard, do you get a notification light that says its charging? Mine doesn't light up at all.

Yes. There's an orange light where the connector is that lights up during charging.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I like it but maybe I'm doing something wrong, when I wrap the keyboard around back I can't tablet type. Maybe it's a setting I'm missing.

Definitely better to type with though, couldn't believe how fast I got used to a smaller keyboard.

Posted via Android Central App

I think this has to do with the magnets. It thinks the cover is closed and is preventing "accidental" typing.

I thought my keyboard was faulty yesterday when I was setting it up because it wouldn't register keystrokes. Turns out my desk surface has enough metal to trigger the magnets. As soon as I lifted it off the desk it would type.

c0wb0ycliche

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue, and it seems like it shouldn't be this way.

After flipping the keyboard around back, it does deactivate (takes a second though) however when you touch in a text box the touch keyboard doesn't come up. Ideally, when the keyboard is around back (and you are holding the device in portrait mode for example) you should be able to type with the touch keyboard?

If there isn't a setting to do this (or something is wrong with my keyboard) that makes it pretty much useless as a case when you aren't using the keboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks